Fuel enrichment during Accel. & knock detection for RB26

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

bj226

Fuel enrichment during Accel. & knock detection for RB26

Post by bj226 »

1) How can I do instant fuel enrichment for sudden acceleration after down-shifting?? Or should I simply play with the master fuel map and make the necessary enrichment according to the load/rpm??

2) Would also like to know what knock detection device/set-up is good for rb26 (BCNR33) tunning. I'm using the Zeitronix wideband unit now and wondering if I could simply feed in the OEM knock signal to the 0-5V input for real-time analysis.

Thanks a lot!
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Fuel enrichment during Accel. & knock detection for RB26

Post by Matt »

1. I dont think this paritcular ECU has the instant fuel enrichment table. The vehicles which do have it (such as Z32) show it when you load the address file

2. Zeitronix wont be able to sample it. Rates something like 19200bits/sec = 2400 samples/sec. The pulses are in microseconds. The samples typically wont pick up the pulses when they occur. We went down this path last year and didnt work. The only real way to do it is modify the firmware code to count the sample and then send it over consult, then reset the count when sent

That way Nistune can report samples recorded against each cell referenced in the fuel map from the count sent via consult. Done it for a few ECUs (Z31, R31, R32 RB20, S13 CA18) but the other ones I cant seem to find the register which indicates when a pulse is received (to increment my counter) which is why the firmware development has stalled on later ECUs (plus lack of time)