ECR33 with Z32 ECU

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Peace

ECR33 with Z32 ECU

Post by Peace »

Hello.
I've done with my ECR33 S1 setup on z32 ECU and have some troubles.
Main trouble is on lunch. With my stock ECU when i turn egnition fuel pump start working. With this ecu with ignition turned ECU doess not start working. It seems it starts onky when i trun key to start. And it seems iven then not always working. Today morning i was trying to get the car running for 2-3 minutes and failed, it was cranking but fuel pressure was 0. Than i tired with pressing the pedal and it started.
The bad thing is i can't log TPS value via Nistune so i can't tell it for sure yet. But i thinck something wrong with TPS reading. Sometimes when idle it begin o thinck it's not idle and closes FICD valve so AFR goes to 20 =) And soetimes duaring ride on open throtlle AFR goes to 20 too i thinck because it thinck throttle closed. Dont know for sure i will try to figure it out for sure and update my post.

Anyone have any ideas?
Peace

Post by Peace »

I've logged TPS voltage and it looks fine. I also adjusted K const so my mixtures are normal now.

But i'm still having issues with fuel pump relay. Z32 ECU somehow does not turn it on in the morning when teh car is cold. Got battery failed again today. After i turned it on for 20-30 secs manualy engine starts right away and continue to work perfectly. I turn of and start and it starts... but first start after night fuel pump dont start.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

is the ECU functioning okay (via consult etc) when you have fuel pump issues? just wondering if a problem with the ECU itself. first i've heard of a problem like this with Z32 ECU
Peace

Post by Peace »

ECU works perfectly. After engine is warmed up the cars goes good and the fuel pump works. Not like on the stock ECU, but works when engine is started. On the stock ECU fuel pump starts when i turn the ignition doesnt matter if engine is not started. On Z32 it turns with start signal. But in the morning when cold start somehow fuelpump does not start. I'm looking into it. Now It doesn't seems for me that its the ECU problem its just another algorithm of fuelpump working.

When i manualy start fuelpump before start via various software with active tests function it seems the engine starting better but not 100% succes. I guess the problem can be also in bad starter. My new engine is upcoming on 15 Dec. So i put it inside and i hope everything will be beter.
robots

Post by robots »

Please let us know how it goes. Is it the fuel temp sensor ?
Peace

Post by Peace »

Problem was in wiring.
I understand its hard to believe.. but when i opened my ECR33 ECU there was two circuits on board broken leading to "power" part of harness (you know there is one part on connector which wires are much thicker and even a pins on board are stronger)
So there was wire remake in my trunk to fuel pump relay so in general it was not using fuel pump signal from ECU.
I don know why it was working ok on Stock ECU. And how the fuck car was operating with such damaged ECU. But when i installed Z32 ECU its tarted to work as i described before.
Now after i put a fresh engine in not changing the the wire-loom fuel pump stoped working and i found the miss-wiring in trunk. After doing correct wiring fuel pump starts wodking good.
Car now starts perfeclty. There is many reasons for that - fresh engine, fresh starter, correct fuelpump working.

My old ongine was in quite bad condition from prev owner and to sep 2009 it's almost dead so i almost did nothing untill fres engine come up.
Now i will let more time to this. Today gonna test no fuel temp bin file. And try to get correct resistro nominal for fuel temp using a reostat.
robots

Post by robots »

Share your findings pls. Thanks! If you come up with a better bin to run. Share it also. Thanks!
Peace

Post by Peace »

Have tried a bin file posted in another tread. The Buddy who posted it said it has disabled fuel temp and did check engine indication for knock. No knock detection and fuel temp error exists. Also failde so operate on this bin. I guess i need to start over from a blank ECR33 map. My problem is that my notebook failed... So i need to lend one to work from friends.

Anyway i will keep you updated of whats going on.