look at my tune and tell me how it looks?-s14 ka24de-t

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

all shal perrish

look at my tune and tell me how it looks?-s14 ka24de-t

Post by all shal perrish »

i am running a ka24de-t setup as follows, walbro 255 holset h1c turbo SARD 850cc sidefeed injectors stock fpr Z32 MAFF inovate lci wbo2 14psi of boost on 92 octaine gas.. also, a txs knocklite

my knock lite (set on min. sensitivity) is going off on decell :( between 3900 and 5000 rpm, and i dont know what to do about it. I have tryed taking all the timing out under low / no load and it didnt do anything, i have also tryed setting the idle/decel timing down to like 7 deg (way lower than stock) and it sitll did it, not surprised thought because it is out of the opperating range of that table.

one other thing maybe you guys could help me with
ive tryed tuning my cold enrichment tables and it seems that no matter what i do, there is no affect.. i dont understand that.. but it is simply the way it is, also, i have noticed that volts latency change make no noticeable affects on idle when there is a high electrical load..

anyway, this is a base tune, so nevermind how not great that maps look..
Attachments
01 06 10 MOST CURRENT TUNE, STARTING AND IDLEING GREAT.bin
sard 850cc side feeds and z32 maff
(64 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
gunni

Post by gunni »

Do you have a datalog of pulsewitdh while it´s de accelating?
all shal perrish

i dont, but i will get one asap. maybe not till monday :( i have to work 50 hrs from now till then
all shal perrish

one other thing that i noticed, i have been driving to work latley and i work 3 blocks from my house, so i dont drive for more than a mintue or two, and it is real cold out here..

like 20 deg. ferenhit. i noticed that when i start it it idles in the 11.5:1 afr range.. i think that is realy just too rich.. but i have tryed tuning my coolant and enrichment tables and it seems that no matter what i do, it makes NO differance what soever.. it is real weird i cant lean it out at all and i cant make it run richer.. nothing.. the car runs at 14.7 on cruise and idles at 14.7 when warm..

just when its cold it idles at 11. and i dont like that.. so if anyone has input as to what i should do to lean it out, and what afr i should be shooting for, that would be great.. THANKS
adam
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

once you have a log file we can have a look and i can see what we can do with regards to enrichment for you
PL

Post by PL »

Sounds like your Knocklite is being triggered by mechanical noise, so it won't matter what you do to your tune.

PL
all shal perrish

PL wrote:Sounds like your Knocklite is being triggered by mechanical noise, so it won't matter what you do to your tune.

PL
thats what i was starting to think...
and, to my knoledge, you cant even get detonation on decel.. is that true?

ill grab a log as quick as i can.. also, i think i may rember seing it blip while on cruise around the same rpm ( 4 - 5 k) and when slowing down in gear it stays on steady the whole time..

i want to thank you guys for your feedback ! i apreciate the insite into somthing that i feel just a hair over my head.. once again, thank you. ill be snagging a log tommorow hopefully

thanks
adam
all shal perrish

well, i don't know what happened now.. but my idle is no longer solid like it was. it fluctuates a lot. i don't know what to do, i am thinking i may have a vacuum leak so i will boost leak test it and hopefully that will cure my issues. as for the knock lite, it was going off durring full throttle accelleration :( and this is with 0 boost.. i dont know what to thing being as i am running less timing than a factory ecu does..
anyway, please look over the log and let me know if you spot anything that i may have messed up horribly on..
oh yea, and right around the end of the log, the car started doing some weird things, like if i would drive under 1600rpm in 2nd gear and floor it, NOTHING would happen.. i mean, the afr would richen up.. but no foreward movement.

THANKS AGAIN

adam
Attachments
NIStune_2010-01-11_1708_27.csv
i put on a stock manifold and just put a filter on the end of the maf. i was trying to find the absolut end of vacum on the tp scale
(1014.08 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
PL

Post by PL »

Well I'm not seeing anything too out of the ordinary there. About my only comment would be that you seem to have quite a lot of timing for an NA engine running 14psi. There are a couple of runs there going to 5000+ rpm and it's showing 15 degrees or more at full load.

I've not done any KA24DE+T jobs (we don't get them here) but if that was an SR20DE+T I'd be looking at more like 7 to 10 degrees at full boost in the midrange.

But I guess it depends how good your fuel is and what your ambient temperature is too.

PL
all shal perrish

yea, i actually pulled off the whole turbo system on that run, i was running 0 psi that was all na on that log, i was doing it so that i could find the absolute end of vacuum but yea, at 14 psi i am shooting more for 4 deg of timing until i get tunned. and then hopefully add more from there
all shal perrish

HAHAHAHH ok, well i feel like an idiot,
i re read my knocklite instructions and turns out, my knocklite was on MAX sensitivity not min.. so, i lowered it down to half sensitivity and it pretty much stoped going off all together\

also, i remade my timing map upon fiding the end of vacum, ill post it up here real quick and you can tell me what you think, overall, the car runs way way better now, the plugs stay cleaner and drives just like a stock car.. the only complaint is sitll enrichment.. i realy need to know how i can lean it out.. because nothing i have tryed has yeilded any results..

ALSO, one other thing i have noticed, if i am crusing around 2k-2.9k rpm and i let off the gass pedal VERRY SLOWLY my wideband will read like 11-10 afr.. i have no idea why it does that, but if i abruptly let off the pedal, it will go lean like normal.. just currious if anyone else has seen an issue like this..
Attachments
TRY ME 1 12 2010 RESCALED TIMING MAP.bin
41 = 0 vacum 0 psi
(64 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
all shal perrish

im using a s14 KA24DE auto transmision ecu

ill have to take a new log in the next few days of the sudden richness on light throttle release...

i have tryed messing with every availible enrichment map, and it seems that absolutly nothing i do can lean it out untill it gets more up to operating temp..

i am using a z32 maff. and SARD 850cc injectors.. i do beleive i selected z32 maff, i have looked back over it a few times and it does apear that is what i am using...

one other thing i have noticed... my car will idle at 14.7 once it gets to around 70-80 deg ferenhite and maintin that to around 170-180 deg. but, once it gets there, it starts leaning out verry bad.. i thought a possible bad o2 sensor, so i replaced it with a new one, and the same thing is still happening..

i would apreciate any help i can get, it is sort of starting to get expensive fowling spark plugs all the time

thanks, adam