Newbie question.

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

robertsr20

Newbie question.

Post by robertsr20 »

Hi happy holidays to everybody.
I have a Type 3 board with base image for SR20DE+T but I've sell my car without board and my new project is another B13 with VVL swaped the question is, can i use my board for these engine?
Can get the signals to activate the vvl selenoid?

Thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you will need to get the board reprogrammed for that B13 ECU (base image programmer required)

you will need a buddy club or similar external VCT solenoid controller since type 3 boards dont have external controller capability
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Matt wrote:
you will need a buddy club or similar external VCT solenoid controller since type 3 boards dont have external controller capability
buddy club V-CON ?
robertsr20

Post by robertsr20 »

Matt wrote:you will need to get the board reprogrammed for that B13 ECU (base image programmer required)

Thanks Matt, I solved my problem with a basic board with vvl image and install an external module to control the selenoid, now my car is running :wink:
BTW are ready the new base image programmer?? I need one let me know please.

Regards.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

got the newer USB base image programmer almost working. it programs Type 3/4 boards but some problem with final byte on Type 1/2 boards which I'm working on

Also we have to update the USB programmer prototype board (again) for Type 5 board due to the complexity of programming that thing

Works well reading OBD-II ROMs out of aftermarket boards which is good