Connecting to wideband causes crash

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

iaredam

Connecting to wideband causes crash

Post by iaredam »

I just updated Nistune to the 0.9.13b release, and when I click on WB O2 LH it crashes to the desktop right as soon as it displays the AFR window showing 0.0. I uninstalled that version, re-installed 0.9.8 which was working fine before the 13b update, and it's still crashing. I tested the wideband with Logworks and it displays properly there. Need/want a debug log or more information?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

do an uninstall and then install the 0.9.12 version.

the 0.9.13 version installed a new DLL for the new Innovate SDK. I have to investigate (this weekend) as to why their newer stuff has broken Nistune Innovate support
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

I'll give it a whirl here in a little bit and let you know the results.

Thanks
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

Thanks Matt,
0.9.12 fixed the issue!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

excellent. i found the Nistune installer doesnt install older DLLs... so you have to uninstall to clear out the newer ones

I'm looking at it right now and replicated the crash on my test machine. Fixing some stuff now so should have a debug release up tomorrow
stroft

Post by stroft »

Matt, as i understand you are talking about mts.dll in the Nistune dir ? Can i install latest Nistune version and replace this dll with older one from previous 0.9.12b installation ?
I'm also having latest Nistune software crash with Innovate LM-1 wide-band controller.
Looking forward with this issue.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you can try it but I believe that since we build with the DLL then it should have a matching OCX file

I cleaned out my old DLLs and use the latest version on three machines here and it doesnt crash

I'm putting the next version up hopefully tonight. Just need to check some of the changes I've made havent broken anything
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

trying to use the latest DLL/OCX still crashes

if having problems after downgrading or using older files it may need de-registering

cd c:\program files\nistune
regsvr32 /u mtssdk.ocx

still looking into why even the demo versions crash. trying another computer with fresh install :(
stroft

Post by stroft »

Installed 0.9.13.5b version today, and it works fine, thanks !

One more question. I'm working with Ostrich2.0 on CA18DET. I tried wide-band input AFR tracing function,
but it does not work, as some other features like cursor "trail". I guess these work correctly only with Consult tracing ?
I can log RPM and AFR with external software like LogWorks, but TP/Load logging is the issue..
I hope in the future Nistune will add more options for Ostrich2.0 emulator :roll:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thats going to be a tough one. the ostrich hardware trace implementation is limited and doesnt flow through to the AFR window

upgrade to the 0.9.13.6 also since logigng consult parameters had some issues. i did some changes today to fix issues i found last night
Peace

Post by Peace »

Got problems with the LC-1.
WHen i \try to connect nistune to LC-1 it do a long try and then nistune permamently closes.
here is a log file of such attemp atatched.
Attachments
nistune-1202-1701.log
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 244 times