evaluate if i'm proceeding correctly

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

scttydb411

evaluate if i'm proceeding correctly

Post by scttydb411 »

95 s14 ka-t, z32 maf (suck through), sti 550cc inj, atmospheric bov.

1 load addy file for s14 ka
2 open bin for 95 s14 ka
3 select change afm commit and ok
4 select change inj and map changes to very low load resolution and hits the end of the map @ atmospheric or very low boost
5 started over with same steps and instead of selecting rescale inj i've just gotten idle afr acceptable adjusting k w/ inj multiplier. seems to keep more resolution and higher load scalars.
6 turning off o2 and knock so it's not fighting while tuning

here's some issues occuring:
1 car dies on decel every time
2 car sometimes hard to start especially after stalling out. will restart if I open throttle wot, but will stall back out and takes quite a few tries to get it to start and idle well again.
3 no cel/dtc.

here's the questions:
1 do I need to reduce timing more since this is a map that's not normally boosted, or does the addition of the z32 selection make that adjustment to an acceptable timing to start with for boost?
2 am I missing any steps that I haven't gone through?
3 any common things that are overlooked that I may be missing here?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

1. what is your MAF voltage doing when you decel. it may be picking up reversion (air going backward through maf and then overfueling). where is your BOV located in relation to the MAF. sometimes comes out of the BOV and straight into the MAF

2. can you post your BIN file

are you doing the scale resize on MAF and injectors (latest beta version). if its still hitting the end then resize the scales to you maximum TP index reached

3. change your cranking injection table and halve the values. its putting too much fuel in during cranking making it harder to start
scttydb411

Post by scttydb411 »

here is the most current map, that i rescaled maf and then adj inj mult k to get basic afr close on part throttle. it isn't the one i was using prior that had maf and inj rescaled w/ too low load scalar hitting/overrunning table.

suck through maf and it would be what i would consider too close to the turbo. i prefer blow through. bov is post intercooler on the upper charge pipe, but beginning to think it wasn't closing properly. when it would stall out the load would be high and rpm would be dead. as it sat you could see the load slowly fall back to the lower corner of the map where low rpm and load would be.

downloaded updated to most recent version that's not beta.
Attachments
pootr_s14_ka24de_550cc_z32.bin
bin w/ maf rescaled and inj mult k adj to resize inj
(64 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
scttydb411

Post by scttydb411 »

here's the datalog, unfortuneately it was w/ the older bin that i accidentally over-wrote w/ the most recent. it had the map that didn't have enough resolution. if you play it in the newer map it doesn't over-run the map.

i'll make the changes you suggest. i think we'll see if we have enough room to move the maf further from the turbo or go blow-through.
Attachments
pootrtest_1_2009-11-11_0057_34.csv
(18.25 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

use the latest beta version (thats going to be the next release version once i sort out the innovate LM-2 issue)

i cant see reversion in this log. nothing major changed in the maps to worry about but you didnt go to the edge of the map when boosting (need matching log file)

when logging for this stuff click on 'tuner mode' and it changes to 'stream mode' and select as many registers as possible. you get a more accurate picture of whats going on
scttydb411

Post by scttydb411 »

forgot to post up...

ended up making maf blow through on upper chargepipe and no issues. car made 248whp 230wtq @ 9.5psi.