NIStune 0.907a release available

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Thanks for your help. I had most of it right, just forgot to upload the 88ss file to the emulator so it was still running my old file. Made that change and Consult worked. Changed the innovate com port from 5 to 8 and it works.
I tried the other two 88 na files and they also worked.

I assume that I can start with the 88nafed_nt file and copy the fuel map and timing map from my old tune and I should be good to go.

I did that and the car ran better than with the stock bin file once I changed the K value as I am running trubo injectors.

Thanks again.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No probs. I'm glad when its a simple fix :D

Yep you can just copy your maps over the preexisting nistune files supplied with the installation
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is another update 0.9071a due to time trials expiring

The only fix for this currently is the trail maptracing is fixed up.
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Having problems with consult connecting again. It was working fine on the dyno. We were loging and tuning. Then conlult stopped working. We restarted Nistune. No luck. Rebooted the computer. No luck. Problem started when we changed the K value of the injectors to lean out the car.

I tried reloading new bin files and still no luck. I got a window saying:
Cannot connect
-consult check sum invalid
-check ecu image not corrupt (veh. started)
-check corrupt address file
-check matching consult file in add file
closed that and got:
cannot connect
Found invalid consult ram address during USB Int.
-check correct address file
-check valid consult value in address file
-check table exists at specified cousult address in ROM

I uninstalled all the NisTune files and reloaded them. Tried using the 88na files still would not connect. Car runs fine. Wide band works just no consult.
Then I got a message:
Consult communications error unable to read all consult register data.
Where do I start?
Thanks
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

I've had some similar connection issues pop up at times but they've always been solved by shutting off the car, letting the ecu shutdown completely, and then turning the car/ecu back on. I'm guessing by all the steps you've tried that you have done this at some point already. I think the next step would be to pull the nvram and read it with a Willem to see if something has become corrupt.
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Actually I havent tried turning off everything and letting it sit. I suppose that when I started in today everything had been off for a while and it still didn't work.
I don't have the NVRAM chip. I am using the dautghter board with a roumulator. I uninstalled Nistune and reloaded it. Then tried fresh bin and address files.
Every time I loaded in a new bin file then I uploaded it to the romulator.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Try doing a download through the romulator and then compare teh downloaded bin to a known clean bin with the same base code. Post it here if you like and I can check it against my 88ss_nt.bin file with Hexworkshop. Other than that maybe theres a hardware issue or something?
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Got it fixed. The problem was as simple as reading the diagnostic file and checking the possible fixes. In simple terms the consult connection inside the ECU had wiggled loose. Can it be hot glued in place?
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Yes, hot glue it. I think matt instructs everyone to hotglue it in the install manual.
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Version .907a expired. Can we get an update please.
Thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I noticed the expiry on the weekend.

I have got a 0.908a release ready but wont be able to upload it until my modem comes back from repair. hopefully a few days from now it will be up. I'll post another message then

I also have an updated firmware version as of last night. This is patch revision 8 with fixes to NVRAM store issues that bryant found.