RB20DET with Z32 ECU

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

lukiss99

RB20DET with Z32 ECU

Post by lukiss99 »

I'm building a twincam RB30 with an RB25 head, so I went ahead and purchased a Z32 ecu and nistune to suit. The nistune arrived recently and I installed it earlier today.
Then I figured why not try and get it to run the RB20DET in my cefiro (before I change it to RB30DET). I compared the Z32 and R32 pinouts and decided that I needed to swap on the R32 loom pin 105 (injector2) and pin 110 (injector 5). I didn't bother yet with the powersteering oil pressure, O2 sensors or knock sensors.
It started first go, I only ran it for a couple seconds as obviously the standard VG30DETT map is not going to be the same as the RB20DET map.

I've seen that the RB25 map is pasted into the Z32 ECU, I'm assuming the same can be done for the RB20 map? Is it just a matter of swapping the maps across? Or is there some extra special stuff that Matt does to make this happen?
I can't load up the Nistune software yet because the car doesn't have a consult connector, trying to find one at the moment.

Later on when I've finished building the RB30 (and/or destroyed the RB20) I'll be changing the maps on the ECU to suit the RB25 and then modifying from there.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

just the map copy is done and then I rescale Injeciton Multiplier afterwards for matching AFM / injectors

Do this by opening two copies of Nistune, one with RB20 and new with VG30 and then select map, copy (raw mode) and then past on VG30 map
lukiss99

Post by lukiss99 »

Thanks Matt :D