96 OBD-II 300ZX ECU

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

JasonKemmerer

96 OBD-II 300ZX ECU

Post by JasonKemmerer »

Matt

Any updates on a daughterboard for this?

thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

cant source an ECU for Z32 OBD-II very rare!

however i've got a daughterboard here from JWT to try out and get the OBD-II ROM from but I'm starting with the S14 KA24DE OBD-II first

we need an updated programmer for these new boards and a new prototype OBD-II board to be built. I have decided to go for FLASH memory on the Type 4 board and use that. I've drawn up the schematic changes last week and given it to PL to start putting into Protel. Once he has done that I will get the prototype board made up for testing and get the KA24DE working first

Our new usb based programmer board prototype is getting built at the moment. Its designed to program this board and Type 5 boards which have been collecting dust on my work bench. Once programmer is built and tested then I can continue with that part of things
JasonKemmerer

Post by JasonKemmerer »

I'll see if I can get you one.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Matt, I have one.

it has a JWT board inside.

I also have the wiring harness for it.

if you want to borrow it let me know..

-Eric
eduardo

Post by eduardo »

Eric wrote:Matt, I have one.

it has a JWT board inside.

I also have the wiring harness for it.

if you want to borrow it let me know..

-Eric
Eric do you have any 16bit ecu tunes for the Z32? I am having trouble with my board version 3. I can't get it lean at idle with 740cc injectors. If you have any tuned files that will help me then I can compare the files and see where is the difference. The current address file is not %100 compleated.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The Type 3 (16 bit) JWT image that you had appeared to modify the TTPmin/max tables that we had listed in the address file. So far the rest of the addresses look correct but there must be something else we are missing here to adjust minimum injection time

I havent looked inside the JWT ROM yet to see if there were any further changes in the hex editor... but something on my investigate list since you are kinda stuck without chasing it further

Eric - See how jason goes sourcing one if I can purchase since I have a JWT board with cable here from one of Runes ECUs. If that is a no-go then I will gladly accept your offer. Are there that many of these used? (being Z32 1996 model). The JWT board for Z32 looks different to the S14 KA so a bit more work required. I think it may not multiplex data/address lines perhaps? Havent reverse engineered that one yet