nistune adapter cable fitting type 4 board - not working

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Fordy

nistune adapter cable fitting type 4 board - not working

Post by Fordy »

just fitted my nistune board and it doesnt work now i know the jumper is in the right place as i had a horsham board and chips fitted into my s14a 200sx sr20det ecu

what i think ive done is put the adapter cable in the opposite way around to the picture in the documentation for type 4 fitting i later found ...... even then im guessing that the picture is the correct way of fitting as its not writen down or made aware in the instructions

didnt think it would matter what way round the adapter fitted but guess im wrong as the car is utter dead no fuel pump prime and consult not loading
:(

i've got someone coming over tomorrow to take the adapter out and put it in the right way around and see how its goes ....

Main question i have is will the nistune board be damaged or ecu damaged from having the cable the wrong way around?

im going to be gutted if the board is damaged i wanted to play :cry:
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

ooops bit of a muppet moment :lol:

just read the installation n communication pdf :oops:

so the cable is in the wrong way round :roll:

will this of damaged the nistune or ecu if the ignition has been turned on?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

In the Type 4 installation manual see page 7... It has the notes about orientation and pictures of each Adaptor board fitting
Ensure the cable is facing the correct orientation. Trial fit the board inside your ECU and make sure the adaptor cable will mate up properly. Square pad on the adaptor board matches up to pin 1 on the ECU (except for W020 on the Type A adaptor which is offset by one pin and so goes to pin 2 on the ECU end).
Unfortunately it wont help you now but if its only the adaptor board installed backwards then I think you should be okay. Its only when you install the Type 4 backwards would you then cause damage

Just carefully resolder the adaptor connector and then clean it up again and then install the correct way. The board should still work okay after this
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

well its working :D so happy now :D

changed the adapter around the right way and the sweet sound of fuel pump priming was heard when turning the ignition on and no faults in consult
8)

transfered my eprom mapping over and happy days.... as if it hadnt be changed

now the fun begins :lol: