Consult Active tests

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Twin-turboZ

Consult Active tests

Post by Twin-turboZ »

Matt

the active tests are not working in the latest version. Not sure if they did befor as this is the first time i tried it.

With consult connected if i do a cyl drop test, i can sellect a cylinder and drop it, but then when i try to de-select it or change cylinders i get an error saying "check sum error" and consult disconnects.

If i try to do a AAC change it disconnects right away.

I did log it, but the log ended up quite large 9.4M

Let me know if you want it.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Zip the log. It's stupid how much it compresses it.
Twin-turboZ

Post by Twin-turboZ »

Now why dident i think of that...LOL

Here is the Zip file
Attachments
nistune-0720-1440.rar
(387.32 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sorry - active tests are still work in progress. I haven't had time to finish them before the 0.905 software expired last week, so what you are getting in the 0.907 should be fully working USB Consult but partially working Consult / eXtended consult

Activte tests are almost finished, just need to clean up the protocol sequencing.

Do you guys need to perform more than one active test at a time? I might need to change the GUI dialog box to have set/unset options as current but then a 'start' and 'stop' button to run those tests
Twin-turboZ

Post by Twin-turboZ »

A start and stop box would probably be a good idea, much like datascan.
I would think that for the most part one would want to do one test at a time. Combining several tests might produce un wanted results.
Only place it might be useful is if the ecu will allow the temporary fuel and ignition changes simoultaneously.

A future project could be an automated cylinder Pwr check like ConZult has were it automatically cuts each cylinder for 15-20sec, checks the Rpm drop and if it is within a pre-determined range sets the cylinder indicator to red yellow or green.