suck through or blow through?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

that guy

suck through or blow through?

Post by that guy »

I have a ka24de s13 manual/ 740cc inj./Z32 maf/Master power .70 A/R compressor, 5 inch inlet. 2.5 inch exducer./ .48 A/R turbine housing stage 2 wheel, 2.5 inch v band clamp outlet.
My intercooler is placed infront of my radiator. I have no more than 2 feet of intercooler pipeing in total.
I Dynoed on a dynodynamics dyno 242 torque at 5700 rpms and 249 horsepower at like 6000. on wide open throttler my afr is 11.3 to 12.1 part trottle about 12. and the idle is hard to stabalize.
when the gas is stabed abruptly it wants to die. unless i bring down the rpms slowly. My belife is i need to go blow through. I belive it will help meter air density better before i can continue tuning to compensate for an excessivley rich mixture.
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

do you have a bov dumping to atmosphere?
that guy

Post by that guy »

Yes.
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

I had the same problem with my KA. Recirculate the BOV and see if that helps. It did for me.
Josh K.

Post by Josh K. »

I have blow through. its fine if you have a catch can for blow by, if not then you have to clean the maf once a month. it will slowly start running rich as oil builds up on the element.
s12ka

Post by s12ka »

run your maf in your intercooler cold side pipe close to your tb is the best this will solve your problem then you can run your bov venting and blow by means that your rings are going or your pistons my car had blow by still drove fine and was fast but was fucked so watch that your block breather might be blocked as well on the ka that happens from sludge
koukimonster

Post by koukimonster »

Hi, I also want to change my z32 on sr to blow through, does it help , on sudden closing of my throttle my motor dies.

Does it make a big difference???
s12ka

Post by s12ka »

ya it will fix the problem when you are running vent BOV