Nistune and A/C

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

gsxryan

Nistune and A/C

Post by gsxryan »

So when I turn on my A/C compressor the car flips out and goes super lean in cruise. I currently don't have my o2 sensor working. The A/C indicator switch turns on in nistune. Does it use another map when A/C is on or is the voltage change so drastic that it throws everything off? Will the o2 sensor help correct this?

This is on my 96 Avenir DET G20 0J600 ECU
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

it can use other maps when using aircond. which maps have you modified so far?
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

How about changing the idle rpm for the A/C on? I had a problem with my car when it ran. It would stall out with the A/C on as I was slowing down. I have a 8lb flywheel so I don't think that was helping at all.
[url]http://www.protech-fabrication.com/[/url]
[img]http://www.3rdgearvtec.net/Andys%20Videos/newsetup2sig.JPG[/img]
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

with what I've seen from the RB30 ECU documentation, the same idle rpm table is used but additional RPM is added for the aircond

That may be a constant in the code (ie difficult to locate). I would suggest trying to just increase the target idle RPM to begin with and see if that works
gsxryan

Post by gsxryan »

After getting the o2 sensor working and plugged in it cruises at stoic just fine. But it still dies if you push in the clutch and will not hold idle. It demands a pretty big load on the motor though. I can feel the car bog down of power when it turns on, and i actually slightly accelerate with the same throttle position when it turns off. I don't know if something may be wrong with my compressor causing it excessive drag.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

what happens to your AFRs when it kicks in? sounds like it would be running lean or another problem for that to happen?
gsxryan

Post by gsxryan »

It's def. belt drag, b/c the AFRs stay the same. You can see the car pull vacuum out (goes closer to 0) when it kicks on.