Question on CA18DET ECU + Nistune

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

louiswun

Question on CA18DET ECU + Nistune

Post by louiswun »

Will CA18DET ECU pull timing if it sens knock ? If yes, how much degree ?
In Nistune, I see the igntion timing shows 10 when idle,
should it be 15 (after fully warm up)?
Does the fuel pump relay control by ECU like SR20DET?
Non O2 sensor engine / ECU, will it change to open loop / close loop ?
Is the filtered value in ignition map equal to the actuall timing ?
In SR20DET ECU with Nistune, the fuel map value could showing in A/F ratio, with a correct k value and null time, mixture will match exactlly the same as the fuel map, but I did not see in CA18DET fuel map, the A/F target is far richer than the actuall mixture, does it mean K value and null time is incorrect ?

Thanks for answering !
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

if the timing is correctly set up, at idle, at correct operating temperature, it should show 15 on nistune... if it doesn't show 15, then the timing isn't correctly set up... AFAIK
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Most Nissan ECUs pull timing when it senses knock. Usually there is a 'knock timing' value which it pulls timing by. Normally 1 degree is pulled at a time whilst knock is detected. I've seen that on the R32 ECU which is similar

CA18DET ECU will use the timing in the idle/decelaration gear RPM table when TPS=ON (TPS idle = red). This has 10 timing value around the idle area

Not sure on fuel pump control. It is normally activated during starting and running of the engine

If there is no O2 sensor on the engine/ECU then it wont go closed loop because the O2 sensor is needed for this. The ECU should be able to use an O2 sensor (provided the hardware is the same as O2 sensor models) with a different O2 sensor capable ROM image

Filtered value in ignition map will be what is reported in the consult guage when TPS = off and out of neutral

No the AFR is just an indication. It doesnt mean K is incorrect for stock, but the indications are off. Use a wideband against the AFR trace to determine your actual AFRs
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

I have verify the mixture by wideband, both CA18DET and SR20DET.
In CA18DET, In the fuel map, a single cell with A/F target showing 9.05 but the wideband actuall reading is 12:1 A/F.
In SR20DET, a single cell with A/F target 12:1 and the wideband actuall reading is the same 12:1 A/F.
That's why I want to ask, is it nessarry to adjust the K value to match the A/F target map (when diaply in A/F), at idle and full load running, just like SR20DET.
Or...just like the old ways to make tuning >> just increase the fuel map data to go richer, decrease the data to go leaner (ie : not matching the fuel map target which showing in A/F ratio, ignore the fuel map A/F target, )

I hope you understand what I mean, I'm using my very limited english to discribe.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

just adjust the fuel map to get what you expect

I have in my 'problems' list an item to make the target AFR display adjustable so it more closely reflects what the actual AFRs are so it displays properly
raddy

Post by raddy »

just note to automatic timing adjusting in CA18DET. Im really not sure that it have this function, seen many CA18DET with knock but no timing adjustment was present and knock was not removed...
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

raddy wrote:just note to automatic timing adjusting in CA18DET. Im really not sure that it have this function, seen many CA18DET with knock but no timing adjustment was present and knock was not removed...
What ECU parts no. is that ?
JCD

Post by JCD »

Matt wrote: The ECU should be able to use an O2 sensor (provided the hardware is the same as O2 sensor models) with a different O2 sensor capable ROM image
The non-O2 ECU has at least one transistor less on the PCB.