Moderator: Matt

louiswun

Some question after first time installing Type 1 board

Post by louiswun »

Engine : CA18DET JDM
ECU : 23710 - 36F05
Injectors : 444cc
AFM : Stock CA18DET
Nistune Type 1 board comes with 36F00, yes, I have ordered 36F00 but I'm too lazy to remove my 36F00 ECU switchable 28 pin rom socket. So I install the board on my spare 36F05 ECU without reprogram the board (Just in case anything goes wrong, I still have a work ECU to run).

I have order the Nistune board long time ago but finally installed on tonight. Try to test the USB connection, it seems fine. This is the first time I see my CA18DET map tracing.

I'm using Nistune software version 0.9.12b .
The address file is from rom pack 2.1 .

After confirming USB connected, I have load consult vehicle display.
What is the meaning of FTemp in consult display ? Is that feed back temperature ? It always show 135 !
In the O2 bar chart, I always see 0.32, but my engine does not have O2 sensor (early model), and I see nothing in the AAC bar chart, is that normal ?

I have load my own rom file,
the TP scale is from 7-83 in the fuel map
the TP scale is from 10-83 in the timming map
but I see the cousult TP reading is 14 at idle (in the 2nd column of the map), is that normal ?
Knock count always show 0 in knock detect panel, I have tried to rev up to 4,000 rpm without loading, but still showing 0, is that normal (I did not go road driving because it is already 3:00am) ?

Sorry for so many question !
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

the TP scale is from 7-83 in the fuel map
the TP scale is from 10-83 in the timming map
but I see the cousult TP reading is 14 at idle (in the 2nd column of the map), is that normal ?
resize map scale so it start in 14 if thats your minimal reading than check Yours max tp and resize complete map .

Also You don't need to install ROM pack , latest version does it automatically.

And CA18 AFM is really small so check what is voltage of it when You are under boost.( I try it on Garrett GT2560 and maxed out on 0,7 bar)
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

as for the knock count, it depends on when you got your board since the knock sensing/count feature is only available on the latest firmware version IIRC
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Rev15 has the knock sensor count

FTemp = Fuel temp. Its not right at the moment and on my list to fix