New updates downladed now my car doesn't start.

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Two40sPlease

New updates downladed now my car doesn't start.

Post by Two40sPlease »

I downloaded the new fixes that were posted on 9.8 b. It came up with some new window about merging images and I selected yes and then my car shuts off and won't start. I have no car now what the hell is going on?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

after you selected yes, the program then picks up the part number of the factory ROM chip from your ECU and merges that with your current tune

Effectively it should have been the same

After the car shut down, did you turn off the ignition not to burn the changes?

Do you have a saved copy of your tune that was in the ECU still?

What is the vehicle/ECU that you are using?
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

My vehicle has the s13 sr20det red top. I ended up having to install NIStune Version 0.9.3.6.1 (which everytime I load tells me it will expire in x number of days) . I used a saved copy of my tune to get the car running again. I'm glad I was at home when this happened or I would have been stranded.
For some reason this program has been disconnecting spontaneously even before I downloaded the new updates for the past two weeks. Or if I go to red line while tuning it will disconnect and i have to switch to a different comport to get it to reconnect.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

can you send me your BIN file (email to me). I'll chuck it on my system and try it out and see how it goes

If you upload anything (sync) and ECU doesnt start, just leave off 10 seconds and then it should be back to normal

I'll check out the merging and see what is going on. Previous version is expired but the later beta versions are pretty stable (apart from wideband problem fixed up last night)

If you are getting disconnects at high RPMs might be too much electrical noise getting into the consult cable/laptop. Best to check/clean your grounds. We cover this in the hardware bugs section of the forum
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

Email sent
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

sent a reply back. two of the tables look messed up so hopefully they are okay now
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

Sorry I got busy with other things than my car and didn't check up on the thread, Matt I never received those updates by email could you resend them?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

please email me again since i'll have to find it again and i've lost your last email in the masses of messages i have :cry:
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

Email sent yesterday