FFC0 error

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

zmech

FFC0 error

Post by zmech »

I have an M30 ecu in the Z31. It has been working great. However, today came up with a problem. Nistune was working just fine yesterday but the version was old so today I updated my software to the 0.9.6.1b version. Did some updates to my bin and tried to sync from computer to ecu. Got a write error and it shut down the Nistune program. Got it back running and could not sync my bin to the ecu. I tried to sync from ecu to computer but that too does not work.

OK. Removed program from computer and re-installed 0.9.3.6.1 with the latest ROM pack. Still the same error.

OK. Thought hey! I still have my other laptop with an older Nistune on it. I will try that. No good. Still the same error. So I took a screen shot for you guys.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you are using a custom address file.... can you post it here?

i tried the standard M30 address file in the beta version from the selection list and that works fine in regards to pulling the maps off

Looks like your address file has an entry at 7FE0 which is outside the range of the board
zmech

Post by zmech »

Matt wrote:you are using a custom address file.... can you post it here?

i tried the standard M30 address file in the beta version from the selection list and that works fine in regards to pulling the maps off

Looks like your address file has an entry at 7FE0 which is outside the range of the board
There is an entry at that address. This is the same adr I have been using...

KNOCK_LIMIT_SECONDARY,&H7FE0,9,1,9,1,Knock limit (Knock) (TP 0, 32, 64, RPM 0, 1000, 3600)

Here is another entry that is beyond.

REV_LIMIT_PARKED,&H7FE9,1,1,1,50,Rev limiter when speed is 0km/h
Attachments
M30_VG30_256_E.adr
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yours might be an older board with tighter restrictions on the allowable read/write window on the board

I suggest removing those two entries in the address file

In the meantime I'll try and work around those errors so they dont become an issue with updated address files in the future (just means maps may not display in that area)
zmech

Post by zmech »

Matt wrote:yours might be an older board with tighter restrictions on the allowable read/write window on the board

I suggest removing those two entries in the address file

In the meantime I'll try and work around those errors so they dont become an issue with updated address files in the future (just means maps may not display in that area)

I removed them and now I am getting another error. Same type but different address. I only get the error when I try to sync the computer from the ecu.

When I do upload (sync from computer to ecu) I get a consult error and it shuts down consult.

Older board. Yeah, how about board #1 for the M30. My ecu is the one you did alot of your testing with including Z32 testing. If this is old now and will not work with your latest software, then I need a new board or you need to fix this one.

Darren Kirkpatrick
San Diego, CA