Boards

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Bernardd

Boards

Post by Bernardd »

When are boards going to be available for the 16 bit ka ecu's? I have 3 ecu's to finish tuning and don't wish to go thru the eprom burning/erasing thing.

EDIT: I guess I'm sol anyway unless I use the ram with board, but at least I could maptrace.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Hmmm. I wonder if theres any use in using both the nistune nvram and the romulator together? Does that make any sense?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

16 bit stuff is in the next forums section guys. the 6303 are still 8 bit ecus

NIStune should be able to be used with these ECUs in its next version for R32 (inc GTR), Z32 and KA24E but I need someone to test these out. Bernard you mentioned you knew a GTR owner?

Sorry I dont understand using NVRAM and romulator together. How do you mean? The reconcile feature (maps only) could be moved to work on the romulator also but the romualator has a full upload/download capability anyway

NVRAM just does reconcile read/write (maps only) and STORE/RECOVER for permanent changes to the EEPROM section of the NVRAM. Everything else should be the same as romulator on these boards

16 bit boards are waiting for PL to do the programming fixes. We have a board done and sitting on the bench, just trying to program the NVRAM chips in the thing at this stage. Thats out of my hands at this time but it should be 'soon'. Once thats done we can go full steam with those boards since I did all the software for that last November...

You should be able to do maptracing on the KA/SR ecus in the next NIStune version using standard ECU. Currently Nissan consult implementation in NIStune is a little broken (downloads and reconcile seem to work but maptracing/display doesn't when i last ran it). should be a simple fix and then you can maptrace those ecus
Twin-turboZ

Post by Twin-turboZ »

Matt, any updates on when the R32/Z32 nvRam boards will be ready?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

well im verifying the protoboard layout tonight and the NVRAM chips are already here. the boards are a bit late so trying to get those ordered. about three weeks for return and check and then will get production onces made