VL timing issue

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Thevlguy

VL timing issue

Post by Thevlguy »

Hey guys, having an issue with timing, it seems something is adding more timing after a hot start?

ill let my car sit after stopping, hop back in and if it boot it within like 5minites it will ping terribly, it wont do it on a cold start first thing however. and i know its not heat soak because it does it even after like 4 hours and the temp is at like 50c.

any help would be great, im suprised the bottum end has melted yet 8)

cheers
Thevlguy

Post by Thevlguy »

bump.

matt are there any maps that add timing vs temp?
nanook

Post by nanook »

When this happens what timing values are you logging compared to the main timing map?
Thevlguy

Post by Thevlguy »

i havent as yet logged it, as i dont have easy access to a laptop atm.

i have also noticed on cold starting that additional timing was being added to the base 15 degrees, TPS idle was on so should be running off the idle timing maps, as temp increased timing would back off to 15 degrees, being cold it didnt detonate, but on a hot start it does

i just came home from work tonight, stopped at a servo to fill up, jump back in the car, had no troubles spinning the wheels on light throttle and just pings on any heavy load.

ive always tuned to the pint i couldnt hear detonation so an extra 1-2 degrees will do it, i cant recall ever having this problem before i fitted nistune
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

if you havent changed your maps in the board, then nistune wont make any difference to your timing

as suggested, get the consult log and monitor it against your maps

you shouldnt have any extra timing on warm starts. the after start timing map has no extra timing above 70 degC

Neutral timing is 15-10 degrees so shouldnt be that

No other tables. Check these timing tables are valid but otherwise you are using the main timing tables

Are you using a low comp or high comp RB30 engine with turbo here?