NIStune Version 0.9.3.6 available

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

JCD

Post by JCD »

Matt,
I'm completely lost, sorry :roll:
ROM file = ROM image = **.bin file ? Is that correct?
I'm not shure about what's ment by "sync into ROM image". I can't see the context.

There is a bin file loaded into the ECU.
While testing, I modify the maps of this file.
When satisfied with the results I use the "Burn changes permanently...". Then I save it as a bin file on the PC with File - Save As Image File". Where comes this "sync into ROM image" then?
Sorry for coming from another planet :oops:
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

from what ive learnt this morning

you have to sync it to the new rom image as there are new options in there

if you dont sync I believe it will access your old image and not be able to apply the new options to it but will still try and access those values

which in my case I didnt have to o2 sensor feedbacks which in turn made my car run excessively lean

I merged the image files and it seems to be working (for now) although it seems to be running a slight be leaner so i had to adjust the K value again

is that right matt ,should i have had to readjust the K value ??

also what ive said may not be 100% correct its just what ive been through
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

from what I understand as I had trouble relating to the whole new version problem..

Each time a function is added the bin file that you have from a previous version may not contain the data as nistune didn't need it before.

Example Version 1 does not have VCT but the newer version 2 has...

so if you load your version 1 bin file into version two the settings for the VCT will not be there as nistune did not need to store these values so they stay as zero...

now if you sync this into your ecu it will reset the VCT control to zero and stuff things up..

So the idea is to load up version 2 and then upload from the ECU.. in the CAR then the version 2 will grab the VCT control points and you will be ok..

So I always store my bins with what version I used to create it.. to be safe... Then if I have to use a bin from an earlier version I just upload the ECU into the current version and copy the fuel / timing maps and other points of interest..

I think that is why it colours the cells to warn you that it might contain false data.. like zero's or data that doesnt make sense to be there..
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

Hmm, I always thought that board contains entire factory bin file to start with, but each new version of nistune acquires more and more parts of it during sync to ecu operation as new addresses are added to address file.
Cheers,
Petros Katunian
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

well thats my interpretation of what needs to be done.. Maybe I am just overly cautious.. but yeah your right the bin file in the ECU is complete.. however if nistune does not load the new values up in the newer functions by uploading them from the ECU in the car.. it can be that the information is not stored correctly in the bin file on the laptop and may give funny results if just downloading from old bins... IMO
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Guys you are correct and I need to add some documentation for this

Its going to affect anyone previously using older address files which is why we added the merging facility

As you know the board has the complete ROM image in it

When you sync the maps out of the ECU with an older address file it only takes out the current maps

If you sync it into an empty file then the rest of the parameters are 'FF' or similar

If you use a newer address file with more parameters added with the blank image and previously retrieved maps, then the newer maps wont be seen

What the latest version does is search through your ROM pack installation (if it is on there) and automatically load the base image file to replace the blank image. If it isnt then it will ask you for a base image file to load into

We will be updating the documentation soon to cover this and recommending ROM pack installation for everyone. Address files are now to be included with the Nistune install automatically given address file selection is being replaced by the 'Vehicle selection' windlw

For the second problem where users have a blank image with synced tune already, you will be prompted for a base image to merge into. It will load the base image and then copy your maps over the top.

That is now a complete file and should add in parameters like VCT etc which may not have been in your previous syned image. Its the main reason why this version is beta .... for people to try and report if any issues with the merging process

I've put together a newer ROM pack and just testing that at the moment. It will be the one we will be recommending to install with the Nistune software in future
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

Matt, didnt work for me with the S15 ADM MT 93F00 setup...

Attached is the bin uploaded from my ECU and the logs that came with the errors...

What happened is I tried loading the asis image sync from an older version and it told me it was a sync image so I got it to merge with my ecu number as above and then tried to sync to car and the consult error came up.... so then I tired to upload from the car and got an error something to do with the consult adresses 63c... there is something in the new ADR that my ECU does not like... I think..

I went back to the 9.3.6.1 proven version with the rompack from 2008 from the downloads and now everythig is beautiful.. although i miss the features of the newer versions so Please Help..
Attachments
Logs.rar
(369.58 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll have a look over this week. I'm fairly busy with some stuff during the first three days at work and after that I'll have time off to look into issues again and get these out of the way
JCD

Post by JCD »

Matt wrote:Guys you are correct and I need to add some documentation for this
Nistune is a dynamic and evolving system and I am glad for that.
I think Chris' explanation is a good answer to my question but it would be nice to see it appear in the updated manuals.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay having a look at this tomorrow
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

hey mat, any luck on the s15 adr file problem ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not yet. i was meant to look on thursday on my day off but ended up busy all day so im going to have a look on the weekend
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

User manuals and quick start guides have now been updated to include information regarding this and the updated address file scheme

Make sure you install ROM pack first and ... then latest beta version
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

chris - you didnt attach the BIN. can i have a before/after merge with BIN files if possible. i'll have a look through the logs now anyway
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

chris - problem with address file. DTC codes were bad addresses. fixed

also added in detection for this when opening the address file

new version 0.9.6b up tonight.

no problems noted with k constant before/after when i merged an S15 file from previous days into a base rom file

if you notice differences, use the compare tick box and let me know what the issues are but it should all work okay