What is the benefit of Nistune reading info from the o2...?

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

hadman

What is the benefit of Nistune reading info from the o2...?

Post by hadman »

I'm still in the wideband install phase, so I have yet to do any tuning, but what I'm trying to figure out is why is it important that NIStune reads info from the wideband, or what is the benefit of NIStune reading info from the o2 if the software that comes with the wideband does this for you?
I see people losing their minds trying to get NIStune to read the LM-2 for example. Can't you just use the info from logworks and manually input in to NIStune what it needs to know?

or am I missing something?
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Logging o2 readings in nistune is one reason, another is autotuning if you want to use it. Logging the info is invaluble though, i also log map pressures with nistune, great for going back over them.

You also can have a large o2 reading on the laptop, all info in one place on your screen.
hadman

Post by hadman »

Thanks Kenbam, that helps clarify some things for me. While I have you can you tell me more about the NIStune autotuning?

I still haven't spent much time with the software itself, and didn't even realize it was an option. On my pre OBD-II ecu I spent much of my time just getting a a consult fabricated so NIStune can talk nicely with it. Still have the LC-1 to calibrate and wire in.
But I did not know about autotuning within the software and that sounds like it might be a great start for a beginner like myself.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

autotune just adjusts your maps based on wideband feedback until it reaches what has been set in the fuel map

you still have to tell it the AFRs. it doesnt do a tune for you

there is an issue with it not uploading the changes in the latest release so i've done a fix for it for the next release
hadman

Post by hadman »

Matt wrote:autotune just adjusts your maps based on wideband feedback until it reaches what has been set in the fuel map

you still have to tell it the AFRs. it doesnt do a tune for you
That's a shame Matt. I can't drive to Australia to get you to tune for me, so I suggest you update the autotune feature with a "MATTtune" button. NIStune reads all the input, hit the Matt button feature, and all the guesswork is taken care of for people like me. :)