Fuel problem

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Liger

Fuel problem

Post by Liger »

I have gotten the car pretty well tuned for right now except for one thing. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear all have good AFR's for what I'm trying to do right now. When I go into 4th or 5th, the second I hit positive pressure the AFR's lean out drastically every single time no matter what I do to the fuel maps or load scales. Any ideas?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Which vehicle/engine are we looking at here? Unless there is specifically a 4/5th gear fuel map it shouldn't do that if its accessing the same map in the same location but reading differently
Liger

Post by Liger »

This is on the KA24DE with a Super 60 trim turbo. N60 MAF, 550cc injectors and so on. It only around the threshold of closed and open loop on those two gears for some reason. I have logged it several times and both times the same part of the map is being accessed like you said.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Can you post logs through? What if you disable O2 flags around where the problem is occurring on the fuel map?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please see here
viewtopic.php?p=4394

Add this speed limit 3 change (remove old one) in the address file and then modify the speed limit 3 parameter to a higher value and it should stay in closed loop

Let me know how you go with that. I've also replied to your post on the ka-t forum regarding this
Liger

Post by Liger »

Thanks again. I PM'd you with some other details.
Liger

Post by Liger »

Well I have found what is causing our problems and found the solution as well. The map that needs to be changed is 0200. In TunerPRO the map is all called TPS Enrichment Trigger and is measured in TPS volts, in NIStune it's called the Injection Response Map and is measured in values and temperature.

(Matt, please change the displayed values in NIStune to volts like in TunerPRO if possible)

Essentially this map prevents the main fuel maps from being accessed under light to moderate load conditions while under 3200 RPM for the sake of fuel economy I'm guessing. It attempts to keep the fuel mixture as lean as possible. In the stock configuration, you must depress the the throttle to get a voltage of 4 volts before this is overridden.

If you adjust the map in TunerPRO, like I did, to around 1.80 volts, you'll allow the ECU to access the main fuel maps just before you start to build boost. In NIStune, 1.80 volts is equivalent to a temperature value of 90 on the map.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thanks i've put it on the list for next release