LC-1 not reading correctly in Nistune.

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

87calais

LC-1 not reading correctly in Nistune.

Post by 87calais »

Hey.
Recently Purchsed an LC-1 so i can start tuning, but i cant get it to read correctly in Nistune. If i open the Logworks software it seems to read right, however in Nistune it just pretty much sits on 32afr. If you give the throttle a few stabs it flicks to 8afr for a second before returning to 32afr. I tried adjusting the lookup tables but it only made it read whatever the max value i put in there was. Anyone came across this before?
I have Nistune setup with wideband as innovate MTS and the lookup tables as Innovate. Have looked around in the configuration etc but cant seem to find any reason this might be happening.
In the lookup tables it shows 0v = 8afr and 5v = 32afr.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers guys
Scott.
87calais.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Scott

Email me a debug log and your wideband config files and I can have a look through them

It should translate a raw value 0-1023 from the innovate to value between the ranges that you map to
vn_luke

Post by vn_luke »

Having the same issue - was any progress made with this?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No log received yet. If you can post me yours then I can have a look at it
87calais

Post by 87calais »

Sorry about the rather late reply guys, haven't been able to spend much time on the car lately.

Originally i was having a heap of trouble getting the wideband to talk to Nistune, I got a new USB - serial converter and updated to the latest version of Nistune and for the most part it seems to work well now. I think the culprit was the converter.

The AFR in the wideband window now updates nice and quick as it should and reads correctly, my only issue now is in the log player, the reading for the wideband is approx double what it should be (double what it reads in the wideband window).

Any ideas on this one?
Scott.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

noted and will have a look into it. like the scaling used is incorrect.

doesnt make sense at this time why its doing that. I've got an LC-1 so can try out here so will give it a go tomorrow and post on here. What Nistune version are you running right now?
87calais

Post by 87calais »

Current version is 0.9.2.71

Also i noticed that when i view the consult gauge screen and show my wideband, the needle points to the correct number, but the digital readout shows the higher value. See pic below.

Quite possibly something I've done wrong, but i have checked everything i can think of and cant work it out.

Thanks,
Scott.
87calais.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its a problem with the translation to text within the guages. the needle is correct but the text string is wrong. will investigate this weekend
87calais

Post by 87calais »

Thanks Matt.
87calais.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

still got this one open. playing around with the LC-1 again on my car hopefully this weekend and will look into the fix
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

seems to be working now. next release...
Attachments
afr_innovate_test.JPG
fixed
(90.73 KiB) Downloaded 4565 times
87calais

Post by 87calais »

Thanks Matt, looking forward to it!
87calais.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

On another note, my innovate unit keeps getting comms errors when i use it in the vehicle. Even with LogWorks. I'm going to have another look at that, but might be a wiring issue?

Just seems to freeze on a number (logworks reports comms sync error)
87calais

Post by 87calais »

I haven't had any problems like that.

Sometimes Nistune will freeze, but im sure that's just my crappy old laptop. No errors, just freezes. This laptops about 10 years old, only gets used for the car. Might be time for a new one.

Tested the new version, all the numbers look good now on the gauges and log player. Top work Matt.
87calais.