Configure D/A converter with AEM UEGO ?

Anything related to the DLP Devices IO-8 A/D converter

Moderator: Matt

sak01

Post by sak01 »

Matt,

I am assuming you are talking about the configuration screen (I am attaching a screenshot of my configuration). I am going to go back and re-read the WBO section in your manual...maybe I missed something. I see a few more settings on the lower left corner that deal with WBO2 stuff.

Also, just curious why a few tables on the left are highlighted in pink or orange when I sync up with my ECU?

Thanks,
Angelo
Attachments
NistuneBehavior.GIF
Nistune behavior
(68.03 KiB) Downloaded 4278 times
Nistune_DLPLookupFolder.GIF
Highlighted is the Lookup Table entry modified
(21.85 KiB) Downloaded 4283 times
NistuneConfig.GIF
Nistune Config Screen
(34.42 KiB) Downloaded 4284 times
Angle

Post by Angle »

I noticed you have the Wideband set twice, I think this is designed for running two separate Widebands. Try it with the second one set to none and see what happens.
sak01

Post by sak01 »

Angle/Matt,

I finally was able to get 1 of my wbo2 logging today! Thanks everyone for all the help! My issue was (I hope it was) with the "Wideband Lookup Table Location" configuration. It was set to the parent directory: "C:\Program Files\NIStune\Wideband" VS "C:\Program Files\NIStune\Wideband\DLPADConverter" directory.

Angle - I have the DLPConverter chosen twice because I was plan on running 2 WBO2s with two different DLP converters (so I can label them WBO1 and WBO2). I was only working with one DLP while encountering all of these issues. I may re-think the 2 DLPs and just hook up my 2nd WBO2 to a aux input on the 1 DLP so I don't have to fool around with another DLP. Once I iron out all of the issues with the first WBO2...I am going to start working on getting the 2nd WBO2 logging.

Matt - I am having a hell of a time keeping the correct com port# for the "DLP A/D Converter" in nistune configuration (whatever com port# I saved...nistune would change the value). Is there some sort of auto search for the WBO2 device com port# once selected? Every time I set the wideband type to "DLP A/D converter" and set the com port# to the correct port (found in windows device manager) and click ok...nistune kept changing the com port# to something else. In order to get the two synchronized...I had to have nistune identify a com port#(one not in use) for the DLP and then change the DLP port number in windows device manager to match the port# identified by nistune... Can you provide some info on this issue? Also I had a few questions in one of my previous post about the highlighted tables in the screenshot I uploaded that I still do not understand...

Thanks,
Angelo
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

this should be fixed in the 0.9.3.6.1 release (got broken in 0.9.3.6 original one I put up so fixed it quickly)

i've tried this today with VEMS, Zeitronix and DLP setups on a fresh installed machine with that version so looks okay

In my case I have

COM6 - Aten USB serial converter (zeitronix pluged in)
COM13 - PLMS USB consult cable
COM8 - DLP A/D converter

when I close / restart Nistune it remembers COM6/8 from last time and will reconnect to those

Make sure you connect to consult first and then wideband... I found it invalidates all wideband setup when connecting to consult first. I've noted that as an issue on the list
sak01

Post by sak01 »

Cool! Thanks for the info and your hard work! Are you talking about hooking up the consult usb cable first before hooking up the DLP USB cable or clicking on the consult button in nistune first before clicking on WBO2 button? Also, can you comment on the highlighted tables in my screenshot? Still curious about it...

Thanks,
Angelo
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah i was talking about the buttons. consult button then wideband button when connecting

pink = using knock/regular map

orange = potentially blanked map (highlighted on synced images with FFs in the table/map used). used to warn when using synced rom images from older address files
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Looks like the Z32 knock map indicators are backwards. just checking today on the bench.

I've reversed the flag checking for the next version to fix this
Seank

Post by Seank »

Matt wrote:Looks like the Z32 knock map indicators are backwards. just checking today on the bench.
So with the currently released version, for Z32, NT would show a knock warning for all times that there is not knock detected? Just checking b/c whenever I went to view the knock pannel, NT would scream at me as if it was knocking.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Its probably screaming because the default (RPM) limiter is out of bounds. Enter valid values into those boxes and it will remember for next time

Knock count is not on current boards so you wont see 'knock' flash red

The 'pink' entries on the maps to indicate knock are on the boards and will change to 'knock' on the next version if the ECU starts using those maps. Takes quite a few knock pulses and then the ECU will switch maps
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Yesterday I built in the DLP-Board and connected my AEM UEGO Wideband with Input 1 from the Board. Everything runs smooth and fine!
I manually set the virtual COM-Port from the PLMS-Datacable to COM2 and the virtual COM-Port from the DLP-Board to COM10 (these are the next free COM-Ports on my laptop). No matter in which order I initiate the contact in NIStune, every time I get a connect to the data cable and also the DLP-Board. :D
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)