S13 SR20DET with what i think is a TPS wiring issue

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sr20det510

S13 SR20DET with what i think is a TPS wiring issue

Post by sr20det510 »

Hey Guys hoping someone can help.

Ive hit a bit of a tuning snag which im trying to work through.

Car is a Datto 1600, wiring loom and ECU tested by PLMS developments.

The car was starting fine but hunting and stalling untill it was warmed up, once warm it stays on but runs like a half eaten kebab ( my mechanics phrase )

The PLMS ECU has a solid base map in it for my setup 550cc 2871R and Z32 MAF so i went looking for why it was running so badly.

I think i have a TPS wiring issue, Using the Nistune software i opened up the raw data window and noticed that The TPS reads 5.1V at closed throttle while the engine is off.

Im assuming its a live reading regardless of the engine not turning over as all the other info seems to read accuratly. ( thats my first question)

I removed the TPS and moved the internal mechanis to see if i could get a variation in the reading but that didnt seem to net a result.

So my line of thinking is that i may have wired up the TPS loom incorrectly so that it reads full open all the time, which im hoping explains my kebab tune!!
sr20det510

Post by sr20det510 »

For those that are interested, my problem was simply a bad wire connection.

I had to convert my Auto 6 pin loom to a Manual 3 pin setup. in the rewire process i crimped one of the wires a little to hard with a brass connector and sheered it clean off.

Onto the next problem...

How to activate the O2 sensor within the Nistune software assuming thats the problem.

Cheers