Where'd my wideband go?

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Seank

Where'd my wideband go?

Post by Seank »

Had been using version 0.9254 with my LC-1. Worked without issue. Upgraded to 0.9264. Made sure I installed the Innovative component. However when I went to setup the wideband, Innovate MTS was no longer an option. Tried upgrading to 0.9266B. Still not Innovative in the list. Reverted back to 0.9254 and Innovate is back.

Checked to make sure that there still was an Nistune/Wideband/Innovate folder during all three installations.

What should I do to get the Innovate MTS back on the list so I can use it with Nistune again?

0.9254:
0.9266B:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Strange... its not picking up that the innovate DLL has been installed

I definitely need a debug log from you on this one to see exact reason why this is happening. No problems with the LC-1 here but I can do a clean install to double check

Please see the sticky at top of this section and send the log through

Stick with the older version for now after sending that while I look at the problem

There were changes made to that version to use MTS ports rather than normal windows serial ports but shouldnt have caused MTS to drop of altogether
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

I have the same problem.
It occures only in the WB O2LH (the bottom dropdown list). The WB O2RH (the top dropdown list) does show the Innovate.

Another problem with WB O2LH (the bottom dropdown list) is that no matter which COM port I select, it tries to connect to COM port 3.
See debug file attached.

I'm trying to to run an Innovative on COM port 5 to log AFR and a DLP on COM port 7 to log boost and EGT.

Another problem with the COM port selection is that the softwere doesn't store the selected ports. Every time I start Nistune I have to reconfigure the COM ports.

Thanks,
Avner.
Attachments
nistune-0828-2123.log
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Innovate has stated that they dont support two instances of MTS ... so the RHS wideband was removed

However they said they can support two O2 sensors in the one instance so I will have a look into how they do that

This means that Innovate MTS should only display in the top dropdown list and not the bottom one. That top list should be the LHS WB02 sensor

Yes I have noticed that since using the Innovate assigned ports that this does not 'store' when you select it. Will have a look into it this weekend
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

The problem that the RH WB O2 allways trys to connect to COM port 3 is much more severe, at least for me.

Since COM 3 is being used, I can't assign it to the DLP and that means that I can only log the Innovative and not the DLP.

So the powerful feature of logging 2 devices is lost.

Avner.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

SeanK, try directing the wideband lookup table to the wideband you are using:

Seank

Post by Seank »

Matt wrote:This means that Innovate MTS should only display in the top dropdown list and not the bottom one. That top list should be the LHS WB02 sensor
Well this seemed to resolve it. My WB02 was mounted on the RHS (Z32), so I never thought to check the left hand drop down box. I only have one WBO2 so the label won't matter as long as I can get the sensor data.
Thanks all!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thats good. I'll investigate how to re-add the Innovate on the RHS since you can use it on either side