need help asap

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sileighty541

need help asap

Post by sileighty541 »

Ive been trying to figure out why iam running so lean (16:1wot from idle to redline) for the last couple days but iam stumped. I just got my nistune all setup but i wanted to figure out why its lean b4 i tune but anyways i dont think nistune is comunitcating with my ecu it doenst have the green light on the consult but the red and organge are both on please help running out of time what should i be checking
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you get consult guages etc when communicating with the ECU then it should be 'talking' so then you can make changes

If it was running limp modde then where would be no comms. You should be getting oragne/green flickering during 'tuner mode' operations
sileighty541

Post by sileighty541 »

so i tryed the injector mulitplyer and i got my a/f down at idle havent got it back on the dyno yet but i cut open my harness and found out that my buddy did a total hack job so i think that is causing me problems. Thanks for the help you guys have awesome support ill let you know what i figure out know anywhere to get a engine harness i really dont feel like tracing everything out what a headache but might have to be done oh yeah do i need to be running the boost sensor and wastegate valve control solennoid valve what are they and how do they function thank you
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll get Pete to get back to you on those solenoids since he does a lot of wiring for SR20s and knows what everything does

Have you turned off your O2 feedback flag also whilst tuning? Otherwise if the ECU is in closed loop will keep trying to get back to 14.7:1 afrs

matt
sileighty541

Post by sileighty541 »

No i didnt turn off my 02 ill try that when i get the chance i need to go threw my harness thanks for the help let me know whats up with those sensors. Is the 02 feedback part of my fuel map i dont see it sorry about the trouble
PL

Post by PL »

You don't need the boost sensor input or WG solenoid. It should run fine without them.

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

O2 feedback is marked as 'Feedback Switch' for S14 with one of the flags 'O2 sensor'

Just untick that.

Other way is to selectively turn off O2 sensor in the fuel map by hitting 'O' against flagged cells when you highlight them