VLT std injectors vs High impedance latency change

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Brett

VLT std injectors vs High impedance latency change

Post by Brett »

A while back i had to replace std injectors due to leaking into engine bay and it worked out to be not much more to change to a 14mm oring style injector with new conversion fuel rail. I questioned at the time about the bosch injectors being high impedance but was told you can go from low to high but not the other way round.
So my first question is is that statement correct or am i risking overloading my ecu?
Secondly both injectors are rated at 260cc (new ones are bosch ev6, std on gen3's) so similar size but do you think my injector latency constant might need trimming as they are different brands and styles?
Thanking you in advance
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you put a multimeter on the injectors whats the resistance of the two?

If the resistance of the new ones is lower than the old ones, then you need to put in dropping resistors for each one . This can be wired in at the ECU plug

However if the resistance is higher, I believe that you can put them in but the ECU wont drive them as hard.

The latency inside NIStune will need trimming for the different injectors. The amount displayed is about half (if I recall correctly) of the manufacturer specified amount
Brett

Post by Brett »

After a bit of digging VLT injectors are 2.5ohm whereas the bosch injectors are 15ohm which apparently opperate slower which i assume would make run slightly leaner.
I was just concerned that the extra resistance would make the ecu use more power and possibly overload those circuits.
I'll have to try and find out the part number to get the latency required.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Its the reverse, since the resistance is lower, it wont use as much power and wont drive them as hard.

You wont have any problem overloading the circuits but I dont know the exact impact of them opening / closing. Latency adjustments might be okay. Are these the Bosch 360s? I've heard of people running these before with just a rechip and no major running / idling issues
Brett

Post by Brett »

After much searching for invoice from Injectors Online i realised i could just go outside and write down the p/n
0 280 155 752
Resistance measured 14 ohm but supercrap meter also had .3 ohm probe to probe.