0.920 and 0.921 with Zexel Diesel Address File

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

chaz

0.920 and 0.921 with Zexel Diesel Address File

Post by chaz »

Hi Matt,
I thought I should bring this to the forum.

I’m having a starting issue with versions 0.920 and 0.921. When I loaded them, the program would crash on startup and I get the “send error reportâ€
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay I've broken something... I'll add it to the list and have a look tonight with the Zexel address file
chaz

Post by chaz »

Matt wrote:okay I've broken something... I'll add it to the list and have a look tonight with the Zexel address file
Thanks Matt, 0.922 working well.
Cheers
Chaz
Patrol GUIII 3.0Di
chaz

Post by chaz »

Hi Matt,

0.9251 has been working brilliantly. I loaded 0.9252 and it connects, but can't find any registers. If I retry to connect after looking for registers, it crashes. Not sure if crashing is an issue, but not seeing the registers must be. I went back to 0.9251 and it's all working well again.

Cheers
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The 0.9252 is a beta test version which was increasing the timing for the RD28 ECU

Couldn't get a response to consult initialisation apart from the first character. Tried increasing the time between bytes. Still not working, so I'm having a look into it again
chaz

Post by chaz »

Matt wrote:The 0.9252 is a beta test version which was increasing the timing for the RD28 ECU

Couldn't get a response to consult initialisation apart from the first character. Tried increasing the time between bytes. Still not working, so I'm having a look into it again
No worries, thanks. I'll stick with 0.9251 then.

Ah!! I just noticed you had 0.9253 available, so I'll give that one a try and let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Chaz
Patrol GUIII 3.0Di
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please do. Unfortunately I still didnt get a full response string from the RD28 ECU so still looking into that one
chaz

Post by chaz »

Matt wrote:Please do. Unfortunately I still didnt get a full response string from the RD28 ECU so still looking into that one
Matt,
0.9253 seems to be working ok in the car. I ran it for about an hour today and tried most of the features. All good, even disconnecting and re-connecting several times without issues. Something I noticed that’s changed is that it doesn’t come up with the “Select Registersâ€
Chaz
Patrol GUIII 3.0Di
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've noticed this in the latest version also. Its similar to another problem which was only experienced on Jimmys laptop in the previous version but I could not repeat here

I'm on the case its good that now since I can see it here also, but only in the 'release' build of NIStune. Gives me a starting point to investigating the crash

'Select registers' is accessible from the Operations - Select Consult Registers menu whilst connected. You can reenable the tick box there

I'll check that registry setting in case its getting overwritten by accident