Can not change Map values , only constants!!!

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

dynotuner

Can not change Map values , only constants!!!

Post by dynotuner »

Using a type 2 board onto a Z32 ecu. I can not affect any change at all in the running of the car when changing Fuel,timing,idle rpm,etc maps. It changes values in the map,but at 2000 rpms steady state load on dyno in TP cell 52, the AFR does not move from 14.1:1 ratio. I can put in 0 or 80 for value. no change.

Injector multiplier and other constants affect a change in running.

Tried 2 different boards,same result.

What have I screwed up?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Have you turned off O2 feedback flags?

Several methods:
(a) Increase the O2 feedback temperature constant to high value to O2 feedback isnt used

(b) disconnect O2 sensor

(c) Fuel map feedback flags. You can tick flags to see where O2 feedback is used by the ECU. Disable those with 'O' key for fuel map and then can do that

Have a quick look at the software manual for more details

O2 feedback will keep the tune around stoich 14.7:1 and you will notice the O2 qauge bouncing on feedback when it is enabled
dynotuner

Post by dynotuner »

I did removed O2 flags from the whole row of 2000 and 2400 rpm. Total open loop and no change still.

Timing was same way, could not increase or decreas e torque with timing at certain rpm points. I could change the cell in the map, but it didnt change it in the ecu.

Could the de-soldering/soldering cause this? and still allow it to run well.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

if you make a series of changes to timing around idle @ 800rpm low load, do you see this with a timing light? timing changes can be picked up using this

does the timing change in the consult feedback window to the area that you change in the map?

what vehicle/engine is this for?

you can also send me a debug log (instructions in the sticky at the top of this area)

also if you sync the ECU back to PC does it reflect the changes you made previously

if you burn the changes, do they 'stick'?
dynotuner

Post by dynotuner »

Cant see change in ignition at idle with timing light. The changes stick after burning to ecu , however it does not change the operation of the engine. I have another ecu with board in it. Think I'll try that and see what happens. Will let ya know.
240sx_god

Post by 240sx_god »

DT you moved the jumper on the ECU so that it reads externaal maps correct?
Im the Rick James of sr20 tuners...show me your turbo
dynotuner

Post by dynotuner »

There are no jumpers for Z32 300ZX. It's just a 28 pin eprom chip. Not like the SR20 ecu's. Have done many Z32's that have worked great.

And now...I have swapped out a known good Type 2 Z32 ecu from another car I have. It puts 480rwhp at 20psi last time I tested. Fuel enrichment is not a problem.

I plugged it in and just ran it. At 3000 rpms and 8psi it was showing 14.1:1 AFR! I suspect I have a problem with this CAR, not the ecu. Voltage drop check power supply and grounds - all good. MAF ground - good.

So, I am next going to trace down what in the harness,what sensor,etc. is causing the problem with NIStune/ECU.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

very strange. what about swapping over the MAF?
dynotuner

Post by dynotuner »

Indeed the MAF was slightly off. Replaced with new and AFR's came into line and was adjustable. This car was "running great" according to customer. Oh well , problem resolved. ty all.

325rwhp at 12.5psi, 11.5 AFR
yo_stock

Post by yo_stock »

I am having the same problems. I have a S13, SR20DET.

I cannot change fuel maps, only constants. I can change the injector duty cycle.

What was the problem with yours? Is there something in the software i am missing to change these?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

When you say that you cant change maps...

When you modify the cell contents using +/- in AFR mode or cell values in raw mode.... are those affecting the AFRs reported around those cells on the wideband?

Do the changes stick?

Have you turned off O2 feedback flags on those cells which have it activated?
yo_stock

Post by yo_stock »

Well, i was having problems with this, i could set most of the value's to 0, and the car would still run (on the idle values)

I gave the car to my tuner and he sorted it all out, there was only one other thing that was weird, when i set the injectors to 480cc and write it to the computer, when i download from car ecu, it tells me they are 380cc. The 480 wont stick.

The car is running o.k. tho, so not too worried.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The 'reported' injector CCs come straight from the address file that NIStune loads

That CC value is just used to calculate the modifications required to the ECU (but doesnt write the raw CC value to the ECU)

This does not get changed unless you edit the address file aftewards (parameter INJECTORCC = xxxx). You can do this using notepad

What will stick after you burn the changes is the tune inside the ECU (changed injection multiplier and adjusted scalers) which is what you car uses to run