Another neo question????

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

supersayianjim

Another neo question????

Post by supersayianjim »

so I searched and couldn't find an answer. so iam in a bit of a pickle. I have a nistune type 3 board from a z32na (93+) for a rb25(s2) from an r33. but something happened to that engine and now I have a er34 stagea motor. I have been using this ecu for the new engine as I had to wire the r34 cas backwards for it to fire up.

my basemap is a z32 n/a. and it does work and allows me to adjust it etc. but every time I try to load up another map, wheither it be merge or even a new basemap. I get a error message to the effect of "ecu mismatch" and it defaults to the na z32 one. I don't have any ve, or boost option like I would have in a stock stagea basemap.

is there a way I can make an automatic stagea basemap on this z32 ecu?? I heard in other forums about coping over a map. if that's the case, how do I do it?? any help is appreciated, thank you!!! :?:
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Another neo question????

Post by Matt »

So you are trying to use a Z32 1993-95 ECU on an R34 Stagea engine? We would advise sourcing the correct ECU and loom for the engine.

There is no way you can just load a different vehicles image into the Z32 address file. This is why you are getting a mismatch error

You can open two copies of Nistune and load one with Z32 ECU address/image and the other copy with WC34 Stagea address/image.

Then in raw view copy the maps (such as timing) across. Select all. Edit > Copy / Paste
Fuel map cannot be copied due to being split into VE/fuel maps on the Stagea.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also you will need to use 470K ohm resistors on the Z32 ECU knock sensor wiring since it is not compatible with the RB25 knock sensors
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

matt, can you explain that split ve more in depth please?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Both ECUs should have a Fuel map and a VE map.

You should be able copy fuel map from Z32 (Type 3) to Stagea (Type 4). Not sure with the VE map, that might mess things up so just leave VE map along