RB20 ecu in r33 rb25 s2 ??

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

876Rebel

RB20 ecu in r33 rb25 s2 ??

Post by 876Rebel »

hey guys new to the nistune world so please bare with me

my car 98 s2 skyline started to behave lazy like 60% of normal power and after that I realized that I was finishing my gas very quickly so I installed my aem wideband. turns out that it was running rich from a leak in BOV. therefore I changed the BOV it started running 14.7 but as soon I press the throttle it would go to 10.0 . anyhow I took this a opportunity to install r32ecu with nistune chip But this made it idle really high like 1300,1500(a/c) and it felt lazy on WOT but if pressed slowly nd not WOT I could feel the power.

Either way i decided to try back the stock r33 ecu and it seem to different now it idles at 14.7 when warm and when cold. the car also feels very responsive almost like new. my question is : is possible to transfer everthing from stock ecu to the r32ecu ?

the r32 ecu was also hard to start but i bumped up the crank enr from 4 to 10 and it start better is that how its supposed to be done?

sorry for the essay if more info is need feel free to ask .
Matt
Site Admin

Re: RB20 ecu in r33 rb25 s2 ??

Post by Matt »

Does the R32 board have RB25 firmware and maps loaded?

TPS needs adjustment using the software since idle/off idle is through a switch on the R32 ECU but needs to be soft set in the TPS trigger voltage paraemter with this ECU

The default RB25 image has the knock timing maps loaded into it. You can copy in the high octane ones from the original RB25 image but really a full tune is required once using R32 ECU for R33

Not sure on your ECU going 10:1 with the base RB25 image. Would need logs and tune file
876Rebel

Post by 876Rebel »

thanks for the reply

yes i think its does have it i went in to romPack and selected r32..rb25det..vct

how do i adjust the off idle ect?

oh so i was basically running of knock maps i see. I do not have no a dyno here and was planning to slowly tune it myself..any tips are more than welcome.

i would but its not running 10.0 any more after i removed it. seems to have reset itself. maybe it self learned to coop with the vacuum leak??

it puzzeled me as well but I'm happy its running good but now on cold start it no longer has 10.0 but 14.7 until warm up.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you load the ROM pack (BIN) file you are only uploading the MAPs into the ECU (not the entire ECU program file with new firmware)

To load in new firmware you need the ENT file, remove board, put in programmer and load ENT file into the board

Does TPS idle indicator show when TPS closed? does VCT indicator show in the software when you cruise around 3000rpm? If not then you don't have the R33 firmware for VCT+TPS
876Rebel

Post by 876Rebel »

Matt wrote:If you load the ROM pack (BIN) file you are only uploading the MAPs into the ECU (not the entire ECU program file with new firmware)

To load in new firmware you need the ENT file, remove board, put in programmer and load ENT file into the board

Does TPS idle indicator show when TPS closed? does VCT indicator show in the software when you cruise around 3000rpm? If not then you don't have the R33 firmware for VCT+TPS
where do i find these indicators ?
but do think that it supports it as it has launch control etc
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

"TPS idle" and "VCT sol" indicators are in the 'Consult Display' window. See the software users manual for more info

Note standard R32 FP firwmare supports LC without TPS idle/VCT mods (needed for RB25)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I guess also to ask... where did you get your ECU/Type 2 board from? Ask the seller
876Rebel

Post by 876Rebel »

Matt wrote:I guess also to ask... where did you get your ECU/Type 2 board from? Ask the seller
:shock: :shock:
lol I got it from you matt if you need evidence pm me :roll:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ah okay ... difficult to tell who is who on the forums :wink:

I just had to search your email address now to find this was purchased by your GF. Original email at the time specified this was R32 ECU supplied with Type 2 board for RB25DET so will have the correct firmware on it

Anyway use the attached file. Upload to your ECU. Set the parameter 'TPS trigger voltage' until the 'TPS idle' indicator is only on at idle, and turns off once throttle pressed

This version file has the RB25DET high octane maps loaded on it.

As for why your car was 10.0:1 AFR with original ECU. Might be fuel trims if your O2 sensor was reading lean. Disconnect it for now and see how that goes (with both ECUs)

These are just starting maps. From this point you will need to monitor the AFRs on boost and keep and eye on timing and detonation if you increase boost further
Attachments
HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_FP_maps.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
876Rebel

Post by 876Rebel »

Matt your a life saver Thanks sorry about the late reply :wink: