Feature Pack updates + Information thread

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

UNISA JECS

Re: Feature Pack updates + Information thread

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:You can leave the adjust TPmin/TPmax unticked during resize and it will leave it alone

However I've noticed that people who dont tick this later ask why their fueling wont go richer on boost when commanded so make sure it is higher than what TP reaches when on load

Also I've just run 67Y00 through the patcher today and looks successful so far. I'll check it out later on the bench and get this uploaded. I just happened to have an order for one wanting to use on a SR20VE so I'm having to do it for this customer to get this order out
Sounds good......and yea I figure just set it a little bit higher then my max TP if for some reason you cant adjust K to fall in under the stock LOAD values which is possible to at least i've been able to do that on the Type 4 board I have.

Also I have been able to get the VE trace to work but I had to shift the entire VE scale by like 15 points to get it to fall in line for my SR20DE 1M871 ECU.

Another thing i've been noticing is that depending on variables which i do not know, it seems to drop closed loop at either 3k sometimes and at other times 3.5k.....I was thinking it kinda feels like if there is a timer delaying the AFR from reaching the commanded AFR's in the map for about 2 - 2.5 seconds, I've steadied the throttle many times in this area and it will eventually strive to the commanded AFR but after some good delay. You think maybe there is a timer that is responsible for this or maybe a closed loop table responsible for that behavior...

I did a little poking around with the S14/S15 ADR on my B14 SR20DE and I found a few things related to closed loop tables that seems to look like the share close similarities and perhaps could be added I dunno.

nistunes1.JPG
(238.08 KiB) Downloaded 5504 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm not sure with the closed loop timer. Something similar reported on S14 ECUs that the fuel values change after steady throttle mid RPMs (even stock injectors and MAF) when the fuel map values are changed too steeply. About 4 seconds with that issue

I've updated the address files for B14 SR20DE and S14 KA24DE to include those tables for next release
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

As promised the 67Y0F files which you were wanting. I've put them in a customers board today and run through the testing procedure (except for flex fuel part) and all looks good. There is a VCT output if required using EGR output from the ECU which you can control, as well as launch control and TIM
Attachments
B13_SR20DE_67Y0F_MT_FP_maps.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
B13_SR20DE_67Y0F_MT_FP.zip
(31.84 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:I'm not sure with the closed loop timer. Something similar reported on S14 ECUs that the fuel values change after steady throttle mid RPMs (even stock injectors and MAF) when the fuel map values are changed too steeply. About 4 seconds with that issue

I've updated the address files for B14 SR20DE and S14 KA24DE to include those tables for next release
It could possibly be 4 seconds as sometimes i've notice it lingered for a good moment, usually just an issue in 1st gear going into boost initially.

Thank you Matt i'll play with those and see if it can possibly figure out if the releasing of closed loop can be changed.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:As promised the 67Y0F files which you were wanting. I've put them in a customers board today and run through the testing procedure (except for flex fuel part) and all looks good. There is a VCT output if required using EGR output from the ECU which you can control, as well as launch control and TIM
Thank you again Matt, can't wait to try this one out and see if this method fix's up some excessively rich idle conditions mainly the narrow band getting stuck in the 1 volt range on a friends car who also has a Innovate LC-2 wideband, this has kinda always been an issue with the B13/S13 SR20DE/KA24DE in my experience no matter what it doesn't seem to like to hold a nice good idle AFR compared to my Type 4 B14 SR20DE ECU which handles the task of idle and everything else beautifully.
Careless

Post by Careless »

Could some unused output possibly be reprogrammed to operate a closed loop boost control for sayyyyy someone with a 4-port boost control solenoid, to allow duty/hz adjustments. perhaps instead of using the Fuel Temp sender wire for launch control- if it could be used for PWM output, or sent to a secondary board with a transistor to operate a solenoid?

Perhaps by incorporating a PWM boost table?

Get some Boost By Gear action going on, maybe?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It should be possible. I'm focusing on the ECUs with the available output already (eg R34, S14-S15) and then can look into changing standard outputs to PWM outputs for other ECUs like S13/RNN14 (EGR output)

I doubt I can turn the fuel temp input into an output without serious modification to the ECU however
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Hey Matt can you add these two to the B14 SR20DE 1M871 I know in the past they used to exist and somewhere along the line they got removed but I know that they used to work.

Idle/Decel Neutral Timing (RPM)
Idle/Decel Gear Timing (RPM)

Thanks
Charlie
Attachments
nistune decel timing tables.JPG
(264.96 KiB) Downloaded 5380 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Resolved. Next release
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Hey Matt I found that under the "Enrichment" tables that "Enrich (Cold Crank)" is missing from the B14 SR20DE 1M87F FP1 version and this table does in fact work and would like to ask if you can add it back, thank you sir.

Charlie
Attachments
nistune cold crank missing.JPG
(250.17 KiB) Downloaded 5295 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes you are correct. I've taken the 0000 against this line from the FP address file now. This table was removed in other ECU with flex fuel (but this one does not have flex fuel)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Updates to part numbers which are covered in my current test matrix. I have several more models to test/update with the current updates and a new FP ROM pack will be available then.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

New FP ROM pack available on our website now
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

What ENT to use the new firmware? (Z32_FOR_RB25DET_41P03_MT_v4_FP_maps)

what is different (Z32_FOR_RB25DET_41P03_MT_v4_FP_maps.bin) and (Z32_FOR_RB25DET_41P03_MT_v3_FP_maps.bin)