s14 ka-t base tune help please?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

kgriffin

Re: s14 ka-t base tune help please?

Post by kgriffin »

Matt wrote:So you are still running standard firmware at the moment I believe (23710-70F00 showing as part# in top screen panel)

If your idle is crap, then adjust your injection latency if the rest of your AFRs are good (from having K constant at the right value)

If you are flooding on cranking then definately reduce the crank enrich table if it is setup for stock injectors at the moment. Its putting more than 3x amount of fuel that you need in
Thanks for the reply Matt!

Cranking tables are fixed and its no longer flooding on startup. I will check firmware tonight when i get home from work and let you know. Correct idle process should be this right? Drive car to around 2-3000rpm and adjust k constant until AFRS are about 14.7, then adjust latency at idle under no load right?
kgriffin

Post by kgriffin »

ECU: 23710-70F05 REV:13(U) is what it says up at the top. I am going to try adjusting latency now
kgriffin

Post by kgriffin »

I adjusted my latency and my idle is much better, no more surging. I had to crank the latency way up from like 720 to 1070. Now my idle is pretty rich at like 12 afr, i tried adjusting KConstant to fix this but after adjusting latency the Kconstant seems to do nothing. I believe the iacv was up out too much because after adjusting latency i was idling at like 1000rpm (screwed it in a little and now idles at 850). Also, now my FTL is at 5% at idle.

Need to call it quits for the night, the neighbors might gather pitchforks soon....

I appreciate your help Matt and my car is finally on its way to driving after 3 years.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Good to hear you got it going. Yeah the firmware is the original (non feature pack) but looks like increasing latency for the idle area has worked
kgriffin

Post by kgriffin »

Ok big update, car is finally on the up and up. Running good under boost and at cruise but after driving for a bit my idle starts to get jacked up. A lot of the time it will get rich in the 11-12 range, it seems like the hotter i get, the richer it gets.

Example:
Driving to work this morning, not really in boost much or anything.
20 minutes in
Pull up to stop light, car starts to idle at a higher RPM (1000) and afrs go down to 11-12
The car begins to heat up, got up to about 105 degrees

Any advice?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please take a log stream mode and I can look at this (along with tune file posted here)
kgriffin

Post by kgriffin »

Will do, I am now having some battery issues but I will throw it on the charger tonight and get some logs tomorrow. Thanks Matt!
kgriffin

Post by kgriffin »

Ok I never posted back because i figured out my issue. It was a combination of my injector latency not up high enough and a slight coolant leak. Doh!

I am going to go back and read through some of the manuals again but my current issue is it going rich under just normal acceleration. Under boost its fine, around 11.2 AFR. If I am at say 2k rpms and want to accelerate it will get rich like around 12 AFRs, sometimes less depending on how hard im pressing the gas pedal. Do you think something is messed up with my closed loop settings?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What is your Alpha/N Increase Fuel table like? Try maxing out values to 255 (acceleration enrichment)