23710-VC264 2003 Patrol TB48 Petrol

Nistune topics specific to the H8534/H8536 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

23710-VC264 2003 Patrol TB48 Petrol

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,

I've been getting quite a lot of enquiries for Consult II 4B Patrols lately.

The boys want to Install hairdryers on them but can only go aftermarket ECU.

Do you have a plan or time line for them?

the common one seems to be this ecu,
23710-VC264 2003 Patrol TB48 unleaded vehicle.

Kind regards
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 23710-VC264 2003 Patrol TB48 Petrol

Post by Matt »

Yes I will be working on these and 350Z next. At the moment I am wrapping up the feature pack updates. CA18DET is getting dyno tuned tonight and then VLT/Z31 finishing changes
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Good news...

Any time line ? 6 months or so?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've given up with time lines to be honest. I was meant to finish CA18 and VLT by Christmas and now its almost March! CA18 is done (just updating documentation etc) and VLT just needs a few more hours

I've done about 7 releases (last one just internal) since start of the year with other 'distractions' such as adding a new wideband unit, and other various fixes.

Once those are done (and a mini feature pack for S14 KA24DE / B14/G20 SR20DE with the launch control and Total injection change) then work will start on the newer models
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Matt wrote:Yes I will be working on these and 350Z next.
It will be also board or flash software?
only DE model or HR also?
HR is sooo much better and it would be great if with nistune it could be turbo-ed and swapped to older cars ...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not sure yet. I've got an ECU and harness made up from a US 350Z model so just starting with that at the moment. It will just be reflash with a cable.

It will be new a new software module written from scratch and the licencing system will be per vehicle
Eric

Post by Eric »

Not trying to discourage you, but by trying to create Nistune software for the 350Z you will probably open a can of worms and get yourself a LOT of extra work/problems.

there are many revisions and different ECU's for the 350Z (uprev already covers most of these.)
see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... output=pdf

Some are realtime programmable, some are not (you will need to stop the engine, reflash the image after every change and try again...VERY annoying)

You can't get much extra power from the (naturally aspirated) VQ35 over the standard map...even when running high octane/ethanol/blend fuels.

when super/turbocharging the VQ35 (and also rebuild the engine to cope with the extra torque) it's best to ditch the ETB/ETC, which basically renders the standard ECU useless and most people switch to an aftermarket ECU

> HR is sooo much better

Really ? had nothing but troubles with these..many use lots of oil and nearly all I have seen had idling issues or other problems with the ETB's

unless you mean the VQ37VHR ? which is a different beast ...and then I agree with you :D
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Eric wrote:
when super/turbocharging the VQ35 (and also rebuild the engine to cope with the extra torque) it's best to ditch the ETB/ETC, which basically renders the standard ECU useless and most people switch to an aftermarket ECU
So it is not controlled with ECU? I did put Unichip as ETC controller(throttle booster) and car is much more driveable didn't try UPrev to control these ...
Eric wrote: > HR is sooo much better

Really ? had nothing but troubles with these..many use lots of oil and nearly all I have seen had idling issues or other problems with the ETB's

unless you mean the VQ37VHR ? which is a different beast ...and then I agree with you :D
I have totally opposite experience :) I seen couple of DE and all have problem with oil (I can't said may be they had bad maintenance , common thing in south Europe :) ) and we personally had two HR without any problem but mainly I mean driving, HR has much much better power delivery then DE so on track you can be much faster.

And yes 37 HR is twice as much better then 35 HR :) and stronger but still to expensive for swaps :(

But if Matt decide to go straight to 37HR it would be also great , and I hope that licence will be cheaper then Ecutek ...

As Uprev, we did try it long time ago and ECU was constantly retarding timing, You make one run power is up next run it is already down :(

Also recently I did contact them about FX50s and they said to me that it is not problem anymore, and also send me contacts of workshops which did FX50s and workshop tell me same thing, they can't do ignition :(
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Gents,
Please don't hijack this thread,
start a new one so its's easier for the title to mean something for those searching.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The point of starting with the 350Z is a learning exercise for me since it is a totally new ECU. I am aware of all the different ECU revisions for these (and other model vehicles). Anything would have to be done on an ECU basis, collecting ROM images as I go

Once I am familiar with one model (in regards to operation, communications protocol, etc) then I can move to others like the TB48 discussed here which does not have many variants

The drive by wire is a major pain from what I've read so far and only investigation into this will show what can/cannot be done. I'm aware that ECUtek has done a lot of work for some models like the R35 GTR but many people are wanting something offering more than Uprev does at the moment.

As with any investigation work that takes time and done in the gaps where I am not offering support, processing orders, fielding enquiries etc. Cloning myself would be the best option here!!
Brett

Post by Brett »

G'day Matt,

Any news on the TB48 front?

Also on a related note but completely noob question... (I bought nistune years ago for my VLT but been ages since i used it)
Can i use Nistune to connect to the obd port on my tb48 patrol and consult it like nissan data scan 2?

Cheers,
Brett
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No work done on this at this time. Details of my schedule are now posted on the forums here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3115

Same software will be used for later models but the licencing will be per vehicle. Different cable will be required. Unsure of which cables to be supported. Will know once I start working on it
Brett

Post by Brett »

G'day Matt,
Just thought i would see if you have any idea of timeframe's yet for the TB48's.
Fenugrec of the RomRaider forums a little while ago wrote a kernel to dump and flash these.
Others are starting to write GUI's to utilise this along with OpenECU, is it possible for Nistune to be used as just an editor with a definition file made and then use this kernel to flash our ecu's. I'm unsure if you can use the Kernel commercially integrated into Nistune.

Cheers,
Brett
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I've seen their stuff. I cannot commercially use any of his kernel or code into Nistune, so it would all have to be written from scratch... plus I would not do my code this way either since these ECUs are only 100 flashes, so realtime (RAM adjustments) will need to be coded into the main ECU code (not standalone kernel). This means modifying the actual ECU code routines (not just using a kernel to upload blocks of flash as they change). However they have done a great start considering there was not much info for this

Main issue like Eric mentioned is that each ROM has its maps in different locations (because the maps were compiled with code) so that makes supporting a range of ECU part #s very tricky

Fenugrec and AK Eyes have got some definitions with basic maps at this time and I've seen someone has put a GUI together (currently using ROMRaider - not open ECU) to do reflashing which sounds good. Nistune software has been updated and willl communicate with some Nissan ECUs (via KLine only) so I am working on something. No time frames...
Brett

Post by Brett »

Hey Matt,
Sorry to drag this up again.. Any word on this or is it in the too time consuming basket?
Cheers
Brett