Idle recovery when turning air conditioner on.

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

mizm75

Idle recovery when turning air conditioner on.

Post by mizm75 »

Hello guys, I seem to have a problem that I can't fix. My idle doesn't recover to "normal" when I turn my a/c on. I have an automatic b13 sentra with a ve engine, auto tranny,ecu and harness out of a 96 g20 with a n60 maf(planning on turbo) and an Innovate lc-2 A/f meter. The car runs great otherwise but when I turn on the a/c the idle drops from 825 rpm to around 550-600 rpm when in gear and sounds as if it's going to stall and shakes like hell. I have a spare factory ecu that doesn't present this problem so i'm thinking its something within nistune that i'm overlooking. The AAC and IACV solenoids are both working as they should and the entire a/c system is new and I just can't figure it out. Thanks for your help in advanced it's getting hot in Florida.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Idle recovery when turning air conditioner on.

Post by Matt »

Does the IACV activate when you turn on the air conditioning? It appears that the idle up is not functioning as it should. Put a meter on the plug and check it when switching on/off the air cond switch
mizm75

Re: Idle recovery when turning air conditioner on.

Post by mizm75 »

Yes sir, it's working as it should. That was the first thing I checked. I checked it with my mutimeter, also you can here it engage a moment before the compressor kicks on. Nistune reports the valve going from approximately 15-20% with A/C off and it jumps to about 60-75% when A/C is turned on and stays there. I've triple checked the wiring to make sure that the AAC and IACV are wired correctly and according to the FSM for the harness/ecu and they are correct. When I installed a spare factory ecu, the problem doesn't exist. Thanks for the help.