Launch control

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Launch control

Post by Matt »

Not at the moment. Once the feature pack has been done for the S13 SR20DET model then it will easily roll out to the P10 SR20DE and B13 SR20DE models
iguanapeluda

Post by iguanapeluda »

Hi!,

I have viewed that a Nissan 300zx Z32 has a Nistune Launch control.

I have updated to 2.9 ROM PACK and 1.2.20 nistune version and I can´t find the Flags to active this menu..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybWn30d17KE

Could you say me that if my ECU can works with Launch control?, I have 4 hours searching information but I can´t find anything...

sorry!!

And thanks!!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Your board needs a firmware update. Everything on the new features being added is here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2874

The Z32 ENT file in the latest version needs further investigation because I've had a report of vehicle hitting a limit after about 20 minutes of driving so I'm investigating this issue during the week
iguanapeluda

Post by iguanapeluda »

Matt wrote:Your board needs a firmware update. Everything on the new features being added is here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2874

The Z32 ENT file in the latest version needs further investigation because I've had a report of vehicle hitting a limit after about 20 minutes of driving so I'm investigating this issue during the week
Thanks You Matt. I have upgrade nistune and Now I have the Launch control configure and works in my car.

Thank You
MJD5SS

Post by MJD5SS »

Looking good matt, keep it up! can't wait for hard cut launch control for B13 SR20DE - N15 SR20DE's...

cheers.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

B13 SR20DE has been done. I've not put it in the ROM pack yet but you can email me for an ENT file
enohand

Post by enohand »

MAtt..

going back to your statment on Aug 8th about my ECU...

I no longer have Knock timing & fuel maps then>?

also no longer need to mess with K constant ? or was the injector adjustment control only for the Launch control stuff?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Knock fuel and timing maps are removed. The ECU will still retard timing but there is no 'low octane' map to switch to. This was done to make room for the flex/fuel timing maps

With adjusting load/fueling do the following

1. Use the factory TP load scales for fuel and timing
2. Adjust K constant to that TP is operational within these load scales (this will be dependent on the amount of extra load your vehicle is able to measure based on MAF and turbo)
3. Use the 'total injection multiplier' (TIM) parameter to adjust your AFRs back to normal

For adjusting your AFRs hold the vehicle around 2000rpm when engine warm and get the fuel trims (FTS/FTL guages) close to 0% and you should have everything dialed in correctly

What this does is put TP within the normal range for your ECU for all maps by adjusting K constant and then using TIM to compensate for fueling adjustments required
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Hi Matt, and Merry Christmas! :)
Are there any news on CA18 launch control?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The firmware for CA18 has been written but I'm still updating the Type 1 board patching software to accomodate for the 16K ROM > 32K ROM adaption for this ECU

You see that most maps are in the lower 16K so I'm trying to fit all new flex fuel maps, LC parameters in there but running out of room. I may have to see what I can do putting the maps into the upper 16K

Trying to finish it up in the next few weeks
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

sounds promising :twisted:
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Can't wait! :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Launch control fuel cut is done and tested. It works from speed input at the moment

I've noticed there is no power steering input for this ECU to use for a clutch switch type operaton. I see that there is a 'AFM extra signal' for non-cat models on pin 37. Might be able to use this perhaps?

It may be a calibration signal which trims the AFRs (similar to R31/VLT ECUs which I've identified this input yesterday)
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

WOW!!!!! :D :D :D I can't believe we will finally have it!! :D :D :D
Don't know whether pin 37 is used, but I see some "55 Ambient Air Temp Sensor Input", I don't believe CA have this sensor.
I guess clutch pedal switch would be preferrable to speed input indeed...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is a bit of a difference in this CA18 ECU. It took some time to move things from 16K mapping to 32K mapping (including a different address file entry) but its running now so I can finish my changes

Yes I also see the Ambient Air Temp sensor. I'm not sure what it is used for either but I would need to know which model uses it (Ie which ECU part number so I can look at the code to find the input port)

I would not even know where to start looking in the ECU. Anything temp related usually does a look up on the temp conversion table. If I knew which model uses it, had the BIN file and could find the matching temp conversion table then I could use it

I'll look at the pin 37 in the 23710-44Fxx ECU code as I worked out those are non-CAT models in Europe whilst 23710-39Fxx has cat converter (which apparently doesnt have the screw on the AFM). If I can take that and use the input then it would be switchable

Flex fuel input is complete and works fine for timing map. Fuel map has a bug still in referencing the tables and I've still to finish up temperature enrichment (which appears to be a 32 byte table) for flex operation