a32 maxima issues

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: a32 maxima issues

Post by Matt »

Further update the TTP_MIN for 1996 is not available (nor similar code for R34) so similar to S14 KA24DE this table was removed in later ECU versions (1995 onwards)
CosmicLion

Post by CosmicLion »

Thanks for clearing everything up Mat. Once I'm done with my 3.5 swap I will post results using Nistune. Things didn't work out so well using Greddy Emanage Ultimate.
ChrisMan287

Post by ChrisMan287 »

Is 2 step in the works, Matt? :?:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Since developing the Type 4 dual bank boards earlier this year, I have only sold 18 units myself. The initial ones were provided at significant discount for testing purposes, and after this interest has dwindled. So far the time and money to develop, test and produce these boards has not had the same returns as earlier models.

I've had a few people ask me about extra features for Maxima. Given I've old sold a small amount of units for this model I cannot justify spending too much extra effort/time for only a small number of vehicles

Realistically I need to sell more boards to make up for the investment spent on each model to justify the work, since I am not charging for the firmware updates themselves. So I'm only doing the changes on the models with the most interest at this point.
ChrisMan287

Post by ChrisMan287 »

I've been trying to lead people towards Nistune and will continue to do so. I hope one day that feature can be added.

Hopefully a YouTube video/review by me will help.
ChrisMan287

Post by ChrisMan287 »

I got my ECU installed and software is working great.

I raised the limiter, went to burn it and the car bogged out and almost shut off. I turned it off, waited ten seconds and restarted the car to find quite a few fault codes. I reset them and they haven't come back (yet).

My questions are, will that happen every time I burn what changes I made? And will those fault codes come back?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With the later vehicles, you need to make sure the vehicle is not running when burning the image (affected vehicles A32 VQ30DE, S14 KA24DE 1996, Z32 VG30DETT 1996, Y33 VQ30DE)

After burning the image, shut down the car for 10 seconds to reset. The ECU does not react well to having a time out from processing during the burn stage. Having the vehicle not running avoids any problems

This is why we have the reset message added to the software. If you are not running the vehicle during burn then it should not raise fault codes
ChrisMan287

Post by ChrisMan287 »

So after making changes, shut off the car, turn key to on position then burn?

EDIT: Or as soon as I press burn, shut off the vehicle for ten seconds?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I recommend:

1. shut the car off. Wait 10 seconds
2. reconnect upload tune
3. burn
4. shut car off again and wait 10 seconds

Proceed as normal. This way there will be no issues related to pausing the ECU whilst running or causing corruption (which can happen if not shutting the car off after burn)