Nistune Formal Release 1.2.21 [update]

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Jono

Re: Nistune Formal Release 1.0

Post by Jono »

Matt

Is the Zietronix unit the only unit that will work? I have contacted them directly in the US - they quoted me $399 + $20 for the "Hackers Display".

Link: http://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA2.shtml

I'll probably order one now, and start setting it up. By the time I get all of that done (2-4 weeks) you should have hopefully had enough time to test the BNR32 code.
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

Matt wrote:I think it should fix any problems associated with moving K too much and affecting tables depending on it such as this. I have not looked closely at closed loop on my S14 since putting the change in but will check it out
Just load the address file inside the feature pack v1 floder ?
Does the board need to be reprogram ?
If yes, where to download the ENT file ?
Thx !
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes board needs another ENT file reflashed into it

I've just finished the HCR32 and BNR32 updates today. Please find ENT reflash files in the attached ZIP

S14A is vehicle tested, and others bench tested so far. Email me directly if any issues. With all values unticked and injection adjust at default (512) value there should be no change to injection or timing from before

Once you start ticking boxes, then the functions get used. Refer to documentation.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Matt wrote:Yes board needs another ENT file reflashed into it

I've just finished the HCR32 and BNR32 updates today. Please find ENT reflash files in the attached ZIP

S14A is vehicle tested, and others bench tested so far. Email me directly if any issues. With all values unticked and injection adjust at default (512) value there should be no change to injection or timing from before

Once you start ticking boxes, then the functions get used. Refer to documentation.
Sorry if this sounnds stupid, but how do I use ENT files? Are these the files that you use to burn the eproms directly?

Is there a bin file I can load?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

ENT files are the base image files (ECU program and maps with Nistune firmware) which are programmed into the Nistune board

Base image programmer is required to program the Nistune boards and it loads these files. ENT files cannot be burnt to EPROM chips
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

http://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA2.shtml

Yes this is the link. We are making our own units also which will be much cheaper. You dont need the display just the ECA-2 unit
Jono

Post by Jono »

Okay, so I would need to pull the nistune board, and put it in a Base Image Programmer Board, and then burn the new ENT file to it?
unreal-

Post by unreal- »

Jono wrote:Okay, so I would need to pull the nistune board, and put it in a Base Image Programmer Board, and then burn the new ENT file to it?
Im wondering about this too. I wouldnt be able to do something like that by myself, and cant afford the downtime to ship it to someone that can.

I assumed that the "total injection adjustment that lets you keep K at factory levels" was part of the current address file for my specific ECU/vehicle. With all those options availiable when you put Nistune in Expert mode, im suprised that option isint there without having to reflash the entire board. :?: I dont mind not having fan or launch control, but that total injection option is pretty important. Is it possible to include it in a regular address file for the S14 KA without having to flash the board itself?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I assumed that the "total injection adjustment that lets you keep K at factory levels" was part of the current address file for my specific ECU/vehicle.
It all depends on a vehicle by vehicle basis. Some vehicles have extra constants added into them which can affect the total injection time, in addition to K constant

Other vehicles do not and in those cases the code has been hand edited to add another constant and then multiply the current injection time by it.

When the board is installed into the ECU, the ECU hardware is continuously running from the program on the board. This includes the consult code which communicates with the ECU. The changes made via consult are restricted only to the data areas of the ECU to avoid accidental changes or corruption to the ECU program. Therefore it is not possible to modify the ECU program itself, whilst it is running inside the ECU. If the ECU was running over a section of code which you then uploaded changes to then the ECU would crash and go limp mode.
With all those options availiable when you put Nistune in Expert mode, im suprised that option isint there without having to reflash the entire board
Those maps displayed in expert mode, are those defined by Nissan. As you know upto this point ourselves and all other Nissan tuners have always only adjusted the K constant (which changes total injection, but has the side effect of adjusting TP also). This is because there is no other known ROM defined constant in the Nissan ECU which can have a similar effect of a global injector adjustment that K does

However some of the later model ECUs have extra constants in the final injection calculations it seems which can be adjusted. However each ECU needs to be disassembled and the paths of code inspected further. Sometimes there can be multiple points of injection calculation. Some ECUs will perform the calculation (eg 16 bit Z32) six times as it is done for each cylinder. That increases the complexity of the disassembly exercise.
I dont mind not having fan or launch control, but that total injection option is pretty important. Is it possible to include it in a regular address file for the S14 KA without having to flash the board itself?
This requires further investigation of this particular code base which is quite different from others. At the moment I'm finishing up the Z32 8-bit ECU code before moving onto the ER34 16-bit code. (These efforts have been somewhat delayed by several time consuming exercises related to support assistance since I was hoping to have Z32 finished last week)

Once I have ER34 done, then I can see if the constant which are there have the desired effect which K constant does. So far the constant I found in ER34 code did not function as expected so I'm digging deeper. Once this has been rectified I can look into S14 KA24DE code next

Please understand that those are technical limitations in updating the boards. They require removal to reflash them, similar to other hardware requiring return to manufacture or their dealers. The only way to implement an externally upgradable system is to also have another microcontroller on the board itself. I am considering this for the future with extra ADC inputs and PWM outputs via a microcontroller but for the existing boards that is not an option
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

Should it be Version 1.2.6 ?
Attachments
Temp54.jpg
(48.95 KiB) Downloaded 4173 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes I need to fix the version numbering display. Build date indicates you have the correct release
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 1.2.7
Add VQMAP2 parameter (for Z31/R31 definitions)
Add BNR32/HCR32 FP support to Nistune
Add Feedback switch parameter updates
Only increase font sizes on low number value fields
Add warning message to power cycle NEO ECUs on consult disconnect
Fix J30 STFT/LTFT display register
Add translation path saving to software
Update installation package to update VQmap, Wideband, Translation folders to user selected locations
Allow consult control flag updates in normal ECU tuner mode (no board fitted)
Add VTC flag for Type 1 boards (A31 Cefiro with RB25)
Add new closed loop RPM, TP, TPS parameters (J30/M30 ECUs)
Fixes to J30/M30 address files
Fix idle stablisation scaling and tracing
Add temperature enrich highlighting
Add A31 RB20DET FP support to Nistune
More updates with fixes as required. Added A31 Cefiro/HCR32 Skyline ECU to support RB25 VCT, TPS and feature pack operations

Currently looking into closed loop operations and VE map tracing over several ECUs
Miikka4x4

Post by Miikka4x4 »

Corrected address file for J30.
CLOSED_LOOP_HIGH_GEAR_MAX_RPM,&H7F81,1,1,1,50
CLOSED_LOOP_HIGH_GEAR_MAX_TP,&H7EFC,1,1,1,1
These filp addresses and added "REG_FUEL,&H0000,0,0,0,0"
Attachments
J30_VG30E_256_E.adr
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Update: Discussion about translation file issue in 1.2.7 has been moved into 'bugs'
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2855
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 1.2.8
Fix clear self learn button (was freezing)
Add P11 SR20DE, G20 P10 SR20DE, S14 KA24DE, ER34 RB25 feature pack definitions
Add high speed closed loop RPM, TP tables
Add VTC params for S14 SR20DE
Dual emulator maptrace fixes for odd/even hardware tracing
Add extra feedback flag descriptions
Add feature pack flag to address files and ECU part# identifier
Update S14/S15 boost map descriptions to match high gear changes
Update VE map tracing to use adjusted TPS positioning read from ECU directly
Remove TTP min adjustment inside resize injectors
Replace K constant with Total Injection Multiplier (when available) in injector and MAF resizing
Add ROM import feature to support Feature Pack ECUs
Detect FP1 files and connection via consult and load matching address file
Fix translation path inside File > Configuration
Updated documentation here:
http://nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20Featu ... k%20V1.pdf

Nistune flex converters are currently being built. Further notice will be provided when available