Nistune Test Release 0.14

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune Test Release 0.14

Post by Matt »

Yes wrong way around. I must have checked that change in. Wasn't meant to get into the build. Fixed. Put into next one
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 0.17

Enhancement:
Added new throttle enrichment tables for S14 KA24DE/B14 SR20DE
Added injection adjustment parameter for VE enabled ECUs (S14 KA24DE, B14 SR20DE, ER34/WC34 RB25DET)

Fixed bugs:
Display issue with TTP tables for RB30
Add knock parameters for CA18DET
Reverse Z32 VCT RPM trigger parameters
Sync after PIN entry fixed
Emulator update tracing bar during maptrace
S13 CA18DET remove TP recovery table (rename to Add Map for now)
Add 7 rows to DTC error window box

Version 0.16
Fixed bugs:
Reverse Z32 VCT RPM cut/recover
Fix save comparison image

Added:
Add extra knock parameters
Important notes:

There is no TTP min table for the later model ECUs (S14 KA24DE, B14 SR20DE) which means that TP can be a minimum of zero. Earlier model ECUs use a TTPmin table which limits the minimum value that TP can be (ie TP floor)

Also I have found similar to the Z32 16 bit ECUs that there is an additional injection adjustment (multiplier) parameter (also on the R34/WC34 RB25DET NEO engines). JWT used this parameter for resizing injectors on this ECU and I suggest that this should be used instead of K constant for adjusting injection. It will not affect TP when adjusted so will not affect other tables which use TP as part of their calculation (for example warmup, throttle enrich and knock tables). Will be doing further testing this week on my vehicle. This parameter is used as part of the 'injection time' calculations

Further testing with VE tables on the S14 KA24DE ECU this week finds that Add Fuel (now Alpha/N increase fuel vs TPS) only affects the fuel table in regards to once TPS voltage is reached for the desired RPM then the last column of the fuel map is used. However it does not appear to affect when VE map is used. When moving these vehicles to a turbo setup, this table should be maximised as to avoid unwanted access of the last column prematurely when going on boost.

The VE table is used based on throttle position. The maptracing for this table is approximate when monitoring using hardware maptracing via dual emulators on the TPS axis (across) as it tends to fluctuate during its interpolation. Throttle enrichment via the VE table appears to replace the multiple async/sync throttle enrich tables used in earlier model ECU.s There are four VE based enrichment adjustment tables (temp x RPM) and (TPS x RPM) which have been added into Nistune for some of the later model ECUs.

Documentation will be updated accordingly once remainder ECUs have had their address files updated
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 0.18
Enhacements:
Add temp/rpm based warmup tables for S14 SR20DET
Split up Z31 files into 1987/1988
Add AF alpha, fix O2 for S13 KA24E
Add clear self learn button on main panel
Add O2 TP/RPM scales for S14 SR20DET

Fixed bugs:
Fix AF alpha scaling and move to 0% mid range (-28% .. 28%)
Change max RPM from 9000 to 8000rpm
Remove AF Recovery table, add intake throttle soleoind table S13 CA18
Just more minor updates found during support work
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

9000 to 8000. ???
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yep. Fixed!
diehard

Post by diehard »

Warmup timing tables for s14 sweet, been wanting those for a while now will, make trip to work in the morning alot nicer.

What are the O2 closed loop scales used for?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Found they are fora ram based 3d table still to investigate. Different to s13 which use the idle timing tables for warm start
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:
Version 0.17

Enhancement:
Added new throttle enrichment tables for S14 KA24DE/B14 SR20DE
Added injection adjustment parameter for VE enabled ECUs (S14 KA24DE, B14 SR20DE, ER34/WC34 RB25DET)

Fixed bugs:
Display issue with TTP tables for RB30
Add knock parameters for CA18DET
Reverse Z32 VCT RPM trigger parameters
Sync after PIN entry fixed
Emulator update tracing bar during maptrace
S13 CA18DET remove TP recovery table (rename to Add Map for now)
Add 7 rows to DTC error window box

Version 0.16
Fixed bugs:
Reverse Z32 VCT RPM cut/recover
Fix save comparison image

Added:
Add extra knock parameters
Important notes:

There is no TTP min table for the later model ECUs (S14 KA24DE, B14 SR20DE) which means that TP can be a minimum of zero. Earlier model ECUs use a TTPmin table which limits the minimum value that TP can be (ie TP floor)

Also I have found similar to the Z32 16 bit ECUs that there is an additional injection adjustment (multiplier) parameter (also on the R34/WC34 RB25DET NEO engines). JWT used this parameter for resizing injectors on this ECU and I suggest that this should be used instead of K constant for adjusting injection. It will not affect TP when adjusted so will not affect other tables which use TP as part of their calculation (for example warmup, throttle enrich and knock tables). Will be doing further testing this week on my vehicle. This parameter is used as part of the 'injection time' calculations

Further testing with VE tables on the S14 KA24DE ECU this week finds that Add Fuel (now Alpha/N increase fuel vs TPS) only affects the fuel table in regards to once TPS voltage is reached for the desired RPM then the last column of the fuel map is used. However it does not appear to affect when VE map is used. When moving these vehicles to a turbo setup, this table should be maximised as to avoid unwanted access of the last column prematurely when going on boost.

The VE table is used based on throttle position. The maptracing for this table is approximate when monitoring using hardware maptracing via dual emulators on the TPS axis (across) as it tends to fluctuate during its interpolation. Throttle enrichment via the VE table appears to replace the multiple async/sync throttle enrich tables used in earlier model ECU.s There are four VE based enrichment adjustment tables (temp x RPM) and (TPS x RPM) which have been added into Nistune for some of the later model ECUs.

Documentation will be updated accordingly once remainder ECUs have had their address files updated
So this new "injection adjustment".....should this be what we adjust say for example like myself going from non-turbo (259cc) to turbo (440cc) instead of the previous method which was resizing injectors which in turned changed k constant? Is this more less what you are saying?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is correct but I need to try it out properly on my R34 firstly
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:That is correct but I need to try it out properly on my R34 firstly
When you select MAF change it automatically adjust k const. no matter what, I can also try this on my car as well, I'll re-adjust my k const. back to what it was before the MAF change and then adjust the "injection adjust" and see how that works out.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:That is correct but I need to try it out properly on my R34 firstly
I tried this method also yesterday and its a no go I can tune the idle to stoich perfectly and have my fuel trims zero'd out but the minute you go to give it some gas it goes super lean so this method is a no go and using k const is where its at.

p.s. I also disabled o2 feedback and enabled o2 feedback and in both cases it goes dead lean.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:
On a side note Matt can you figure out how to get the AIT working?
Not sure what you mean. With ECUs which have AIT there are probably extra tables to be researched here. That is ongoing work. Next step is to start on the definitions for the RB engines from the existing work and then continue with code modifications

Probably altering TPS scale is not the best idea. The hardware maptrace appears to match what the software tracing is doing
Well on the 97 B14 SR20DE the TPS scale fly's off the map at only 1.86v and will stay pegged there till WOT I do not think it is following correctly or perhaps it is but the something needs to be broadened so that the trace can be followed beyond 1.86v, is this also the case with other vehicles that use VE maps/scales?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I tested the VE scale on my R34 and followed closely. I'll have to throw the B14 on the bench to try that out
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:I tested the VE scale on my R34 and followed closely. I'll have to throw the B14 on the bench to try that out
Thank you Matt, this would be awesome and take out the guess work on the VE fuel map, so far what has helped me is that if I make the VE RPM scale match the Fuel RPM scale I know that "1" out of the "16" boxes contain the correct box that I am after to make fuel changes in that "horizontal plan".

I also noticed that on the R34 that the VE RPM scale and FUEL RPM scale match up until the highest rpm. Maybe this is why you experienced that your VE scale followed closely, yours were probably at least all on the same "horizontal plan" and probably off the cursor "vertically".

If I don't match the VE and FUEL RPM scales then that causes me to be off vertically and horizontal on the grid and its a lot of guessing to hunt for the cell that needs changing. I hope you understand what im trying to say I posted in some other threads with a screen recording of what is happening.
Attachments
asdasdasd.JPG
(438.92 KiB) Downloaded 3601 times