B12 CA16 - can I Nistune it?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

toxo

B12 CA16 - can I Nistune it?

Post by toxo »

Hi,

Not a common car/engine combination so I'm not surprised I can't find any info on google or the Nistune site...

I have a UK spec B12 Sunny ZX Coupe (SLX in Europe, Sentra everywhere else) with a CA16DE. It's basically an RZ1 with a lower rev limit and no LSD. Supposedly there are only 19 16v injection 1.6s left in the UK...

My ECU is Nissan part number 23710-64M00 or Hitachi part number MEC-400E. I know this isn't the same ECU that goes in the car/engine combo in the US or Japan - those cars have catalytic converters so they have lambda sensors. My car's got no O2 sensor from the factory as we didn't require them in the UK by law until 1992! I've seen 64M00 in the downloadable ROM pack so I assume it's supported? I've no 4-pin silkscreened header on my ECU so I guess I'll be soldering direct to the 6802.

A few pics for you... quite high res incase there are some small details you need to see.

I guess my question is... can I Nistune it?
skylinegtrhr

Re: B12 CA16 - can I Nistune it?

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Did You consider to rewire SR20DE B13 ECU EU model also without O2?

It can be tune with excellent results...
toxo

Post by toxo »

To be honest I'd prefer it if it did have an O2 sensor!! It stinks of fuel all the time, it's one of the reasons I'd like a nistune in there, so I can play about with it and hopefully make it a bit more sensible (or at least understand why it is how it is).

I know very little about Nissans to be honest, my bread and butter is Toyota. It didn't cross my mind that an ECU from a totally different engine could work. I'll stick with my standard ECU for now though if it is possible to fit a type 1 Nistune to it, especially as I have 2 of them!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes it can be Nistuned with Type 1. The ECU is actually from an N13 CA16DE (so the B12 CA16 which your engine comes from does not matter)
toxo

Post by toxo »

That's cool, thanks for the reply. One of my ECUs came from a bluebird I think. I'm pretty sure other CA16s in different regions have a different ECU - I put that down to lambda sensors as I mentioned above. I found a bunch of different part numbers. It's a weird engine, who in their right mind puts a 360 degree cam pos sensor and coil on plug ignition on a little NA 1.6 in 1988? Lol

I'm trying to decide what to do with it at the moment, it's a good solid low mileage shell. I could make a transverse CA18DET or put a pulsar SR20 in it I suppose but that would need a different gearbox... I'll get a type 1 on it and go from there.