RB25 Kitcar project ECU advice

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Evarus

RB25 Kitcar project ECU advice

Post by Evarus »

Hello all!

Have received a very informative email from Matt about Nistune options. But just wanted to talk with a few of you chaps about what i should do with the loom. To give you guys a bit of background information I'm building a kit car with a RB25DET from a Nissan Stagea RS4 (S1) yes the one that has no Nistune support! doh! But all is not lost i can get a ER34/WC34 Series 2 ECU and use the Stagea loom with a type 4 board. This is great but would require some tweaking as the basic tune is for the NEO engine. The 2nd option is to go for a R33/Z32 ECU and loom with a Type 2 board. Oh and I'm using a RB25DE gearbox just for reference.

All that is quite standard by the looks of things and a big thanks to Matt for the very fast reply.

I do have one issue and that is the car has NO wiring at all in its current state. Seeing as the engine is stripped down to basics and distances are slightly different(alternator relocated and a few other changes) + manual conversion so no need for auto wiring. I'm unsure if i should remake an engine loom from scratch? I will be using one of these car looms but one has ECU loom option the other is just the main loom. These looms includes all the battery and alternator bits so that can be stripped out. But I'm unsure how much cross over there would be with the options if using a stock harness + i want it to look nice and fit well. So I'm thinking a home made engine loom might be the only tidy option.

http://rapidfitlooms.co.uk/7styledeluxe ... ngloom.htm
http://rapidfitlooms.co.uk/7styledeluxe ... ithECU.htm

What do you guys think would be my best option?

Kind Regards

Alex

Pic of the project so far....
PL

Re: RB25 Kitcar project ECU advice

Post by PL »

Hi Alex,

My first thoughts are that you should just get a NEO engine with loom and ECU. Much better engine....

But it looks like you're already down the path some way with the 33 engine, so easiest would be to get an R33 engine loom and either Z32 or R32 ECU. R32 doesn't have VCT control, so you'd need to do that separately if you went that way.

I've done more Nissan looms for engine conversions than I can remember but I only do SR20 stuff. But the principle is the same. I'd say get your R33 loom and an R33 ECCS wiring diagram and sit down with some strong coffees and familiarise yourself with how it works. You'll find that the main thing will be supplying power to all the different sub-circuits. It looks like that more expensive loom may have some of the power feeds already, so you'll be able to use those.

You'll find that most of the engine signals will look after themselves - so if you're smart you'll leave them well alone. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO SHORTEN THE LOOM. Oh, grab a vehicle side consult port from a wreck and wire that in near the ECU. This will be your window to your management system.

Car looks good. Go for it!
Pete L
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

any updates on this project??
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

supersayianjim wrote:any updates on this project??
go youtube and you will see his video
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

have a link??
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

supersayianjim wrote:have a link??
I think that is
http://www.youtube.com/user/EternalRB