any differences in type 1 boards?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

akurtzer57

any differences in type 1 boards?

Post by akurtzer57 »

So I have a type 1 ecu running my J30 Maxima. Right now car is down and will be for quite some time. I could really use the Nistune board in my Type 1 ka24e stanza u12 ecu. If I swap over the board will I be able to run it with out paying for another license?
PL

Re: any differences in type 1 boards?

Post by PL »

You could do that with your current license but you'd have to get the base image changed in the board. The base image is programmed when we ship the boards and can't be changed by the end user unless you have a NIStune Base Image Programmer (BIP). Usually it's only the bigger tuners and dealers/distributors who have these, so you'd have to send your board to Andy at Autovaughn or whoever your nearest dealer is. Or you could buy a BIP yourself ($AU150) but it's probably not worth it - you'd be better off just getting another T1 board for your KA.

The boards are not really designed to be swapped around either. They do unplug but if you you do this too much you'll quickly find that the pins can become damaged and then they need to be repaired. :( Once again - probably best off just putting another board in your KA.

PL