CA18: Load Timing TP max high/low. What is?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Buddyworm

CA18: Load Timing TP max high/low. What is?

Post by Buddyworm »

How does the ECU use these constants? As far as I can tell they're similar to the warmup timing constants that determine timing within a certain range of the map based on coolant temp, but what about the Load Timing TP max high and low? Which table do those correspond to?

Thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Re: CA18: Load Timing TP max high/low. What is?

Post by Matt »

These parameters are only defined in 'expert mode' which means they are available to change but not completely documented yet so probably should not be used until I have gone through them.

Usually this means more time spent going through a particular ECUs code to work out what it does and that cannot always be answered quickly on these forums

This was the reason for introducing the different modes to filter out tables people need to modify based on user needs

Looking at these parameters I'm just checking the code now...

1. Compare RPM against first RPM max parameter
If greater than then counter +=3
2. Compare RPM against second RPM max parameter
If greater than then counter +=3
3. Compare TP against first TP max parameter
If greater than then counter += 1
4. Compare TP against second TP max parameter
If greater than then counter +=1

Now the table is at BAE0 which means it is 3 (TP) x 3 (RPM) table used when not on idle. Further investigation finds that it is the knock sensor timing limit table and those values are the indexes to the table. This is why it was listed as off idle based parameters. I've now changed to these:
#Load/RPM indexed timing map references
KNOCK_RETARD_LIMIT_MAIN,&H38E0,3,3,9,1
KNOCK_RETARD_LIMIT_RPM_IDX1,&H3FDC,1,1,1,1
KNOCK_RETARD_LIMIT_RPM_IDX2,&H3FDD,1,1,1,1
KNOCK_RETARD_LIMIT_TP_IDX1,&H3FDA,1,1,1,1
KNOCK_RETARD_LIMIT_TP_IDX2,&H3FDB,1,1,1,1
attached is the replacement address file
Attachments
S13_CA18DET_128_E.adr
S13 CA18DET with knock retard limit tables added
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Buddyworm

Post by Buddyworm »

Wow, thanks Matt!

I am, however getting an invalid argument error in Nistune regarding the KNOCK_RETARD_LIMIT_MAIN,&H38E0,3,3,9,1 table. Now the tables won't load properly when using that .adr. Please advise.

Regarding the functionality of Knock retard limits, are these the constants that define the map area in which the knock sensor will be active?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Use this with the 0.14 version for address compatibility. I'll put out a 0.15 version early next week also if that does not connect to your Type 1

From my understanding these tables are the max timing limits BDTC. SR20s have two sets (main and knock) but I've only found one (so far) on CA18