CA18DET problem - NO consult port ware found

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

guricha

CA18DET problem - NO consult port ware found

Post by guricha »

Guys need some help with CA18DET, is there any manual how too hook up consult port to the ECU? actually problem is Engine was swapped from different car and need do diagnose it first coz engine has lots of vibration, so can Nistune software reed faults ? at least Nissan Datascan ?
I found on some webs that standard ecu isn't supported for consult connection ? what you think ha ?

sorry guys if there is analog post down here, i have searched but didn't find similar:(
Thanks in advanced

P.S Matt Georgia is online again so i will place new orders soon:)
TM_S13

Re: CA18DET problem - NO consult port ware found

Post by TM_S13 »

why would you want a consult port with CA18DET ?!
if you have a Type1 board on the ECU, connect it via USB to your laptop with Nistune and you can get pretty much every info you need to adjust whatever it needs to be adjusted...
guricha

Post by guricha »

Actually Consult we need for diagnostic, coz as i say something wrong with engine after swap, to find the problem that is easy way coz otherwise i have remove engine and put back again coz this mod have done different person without any idea what he was doing:) i just wanted to know if CA18DET is supported for consult diagnostic
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

CA18 and any other vehicle that uses the type 1 board does not have consult or a consult port. You would need to read the leds in diagnostic mode (using screw)
PL

Post by PL »

This is where NIStune is extra good for these older "pre-consult" engines. Unfortunately you can't check fault codes/sensor voltages etc. on them until the board is fitted (other than the basic "blinking LEDs" method that Matt mentioned). But once the board is fitted you can obtain data from them (via the USB port which is fitted as part of the NIStune board install) just as if they used the Consult system.

This is actually a very good way of diagnosing faults on these older engines as the "blinking LEDs" method is pretty limited. These engines also tend to have a lot of faults purely due to their age. So they can be somewhat challenging beasts to deal with.

PL
seb.racing

Post by seb.racing »

Hi

I have a service manual Nissan CA18ET
I noticed in the page ECCS circuit digram
the location of a check connector
but no connector over the car
would it be possible to set up a consult connector on this model ECU?
Attachments
CCI31052013.jpg
(60.08 KiB) Downloaded 3774 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That connector is just for displaying LED codes on an external device. There is no consult capability at all on these ECUs which is why Type 1 and special firmware was developed to emulate some of the original consult capabilities (DTC codes, register display as well as tuning updates)
seb.racing

Post by seb.racing »

Matt wrote:That connector is just for displaying LED codes on an external device. There is no consult capability at all on these ECUs which is why Type 1 and special firmware was developed to emulate some of the original consult capabilities (DTC codes, register display as well as tuning updates)
:cry:
ok, thank