Using narrowband simulated output with BNR32 ECU??

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

drew6

Using narrowband simulated output with BNR32 ECU??

Post by drew6 »

Quick question:

Is it possible to use the Narrowband simulated output from an Innovate MTX on a BNR32 ECU? (I can change the lean/rich values to whatever I want). I want to get rid of the factory O2 sensors, I don't trust them anymore and would rather not buy a new one. Plus, my MTX is taking place of one of the factory sensors anyway.

The opening paragraph under sensors has me somewhat confused in this document:

http://nistune.com/docs/R32%20GTR%20ECU ... %20GTR.pdf

If it is possible, how do I do it? I know you're never suppose to solder O2 sensor wiring, and I also know that the wiring is not made of copper. What is the acceptable way of attaching the 6" pig tail off the wideband gauge 3 feet away from the ECU??
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Using narrowband simulated output with BNR32 ECU??

Post by Matt »

Yes you can solder the 0-1 volt output from the Innovate to the ECU plug O2 sensor connector. You can solder at the plug end just not near the O2 sensor end where it is not solderable

I think the factory O2 lean and rich levels should be fine with the Innovate. Watch O2 input in the logger as it bounces as long as it hits the lean and rich voltage levels it should be good
RXXXII

Post by RXXXII »

I'm not sure if you did this already, but I called INNOVATE reps for this specific question.

I was going to run 2 innovate widebands in the stock O2 locations and wire the simulated output to the ECU on my r32 GTR.

Innovate said the simulated output isnt accurate enough for definite perfect running map. also he said using the widebands on the turbo outlets because the volume of air coming out is extremely fast and heated which may cause even more issues.
Elliot

Post by Elliot »

I'd like to know which voltage is rich and which voltage is lean to the ECU? is 0v rich or lean?
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Sorry, about the last post.. Nistune Software lists this for many ECU's in the left hand column.

Lean = 230mV
Rich = 610mV
Last edited by bachig24u on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thats not right. Low is lean, High is rich

Wideband picture from my R31 shows this

Wideband AFR = purple, narrowband = green
Attachments
WidebandvsNarrowband.jpg
(133.27 KiB) Downloaded 2845 times
Elliot

Post by Elliot »

Awesome. The default narrowband output for an Innovate MTX-L is 0.1v Lean and 1.1v Rich. I changed the values in Nistune to suit.