Nistune for Android 4.0

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Super300zx

Nistune for Android 4.0

Post by Super300zx »

Is it possible or likely that nistune will ever add support for Android 4 or a similiar O/S so that we could use a smaller portable type of tablet?
Or is it destined to remain windows compatible only for certain reasons? :shock:

If not would Nistune.com ever consider allowing open source development for Android or a similar O/S if it didnt want to progress with developing software to suit such an O/S themselves, in order to facilitate the making of a program for such an O/S?

Its just these type of tablets are more portable and easier to fit for mobile use in vehicles and so I am sure this would be popular with many in running nistune. 8)
Would it make any difference or have any impact on development if many people requested for nistune support on such a platform?

I have noticed that there are many nissan programs available in android already.

Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway and thanks in advance for any responses by anyone on the subject

Regards
Jamie
enohand

Re: Nistune for Android 4.0

Post by enohand »

i second this.

i have a whole computer mounted in the dash (7" touch screen mated to a old laptop in the trunk)

& would love to ditch the whole system for a 7" android tablet, exspecially since Target & Wallmart will be haveing a sale on no name android tabs for $40
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Android tablets run on linux and use ARM processors. You will never see any windows programs on these devices without a complete re-write

Nistune is over 90 files and tens of thousands of lines of code. To rewrite the entire thing for another platform is not something which is feasible from this end

If someone wishes to communicate with the boards I can supply the protocol but not really any of the source code since it would require significant porting from MFC to the Android libraries and that means a rewrite
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Super300zx wrote:
I have noticed that there are many nissan programs available in android already.
Can You please post some links for these Apps?

Thanks in advance
Eric

Post by Eric »

skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Thanks Eric , did You tried did apk with skyline stu bluetooth consult?

And it`s not on market? Should I contact developer for purchase?

EDIT:
Find it on market just not available for all regions
Eric

Post by Eric »

No, I haven't tried it myself yet...just found it a few months ago.

I personally think using a phone or tablet as a diagnostic or tuning platform would be awkward and useless.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just bought it... have to try and get it working with the blusult interface now (if possible)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay the blusult is not seen by my Android phone (even though my hands free is fine)

Says you need to get this (and going to use with my PLMS serial cable)
http://gridconnect.com/serial-to-bluetooth.html

So need the male (DTE version) which is self powered. However $71 + $44 shipping to Australia... hmmm. Might be tempted to find a cheaper option unless someone over this way wants to split shipping with me :wink:
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Eric wrote:I personally think using a phone or tablet as a diagnostic or tuning platform would be awkward and useless.
Totally agree, I can't use for tuning anything smaller then 15 inch laptop, but it can be good portable monitoring device for engine temperature,DTC, etc....

BTW Matt did Stu started again to sell his adapter? I have few USB PLMS cables so I presume that they won't work with any Bluetooth adapter?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Stu has gone disappear again. I fear he is probably back in hospital :cry:
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Matt wrote:So need the male (DTE version) which is self powered. However $71 + $44 shipping to Australia... hmmm. Might be tempted to find a cheaper option unless someone over this way wants to split shipping with me :wink:
I go to IL all the time. 7 times last year (as I type this in Breda, Netherlands). I have a buddy that lives in Naperville (I ship all my summit parts there before I arrive). Want me to get one? Might take a few weeks before it gets to SA, but no shipping fees.
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Matt wrote:Stu has gone disappear again. I fear he is probably back in hospital :cry:
I'm sad to hear that :(, I hope he will be soon back
Super300zx

Post by Super300zx »

Appreciate the time, explanation and the response greatly!
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Matt wrote:Okay the blusult is not seen by my Android phone (even though my hands free is fine)
Interesting that phone can't see it, my Xoom with custom ROM even see 3D TV glasses ( even he can't connect ), BTW does Stu's blusult work with standard laptop Bluetooth module or only with his dongle?