Is there any limit to how big injectors Nistune can handle?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

from what I've gathered, E85 needs quite a bit of advanced timing...

unfortunatly I can't tell you for sure if it is too much or not...
John

Post by John »

I have friends here in Sweden whos also running E85 and there running some where around 25 degrees on top with similar EGT, AFR and Boost as I.

When I get a strobelight and check the timing on the big pully it says 15 degrees at idle and so does the Nistune. I think i need to trick some one into hanging on the hood with a strobelight while im doing a 4th gear WOT run :D

Regards

John
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

that would be fun hehehehe
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

E85 loves timing.... Pete has done a few and got good results..

viewtopic.php?t=687&start=0&postdays=0& ... highlight=

happy reading but in short at least 10more degrees on top.. listen out for knock otherwise get a dyno and check the timing pulley... if you are game hopefully you have thermo fans..
brother_david

gsdfasdfdghasfgkfaskd

Post by brother_david »

More swedes around here :D

Have been using NIStune for a while now on a ECR33, with great results making about 350hp, now i've accidently ordered something that will allow for much greater hp's and is actually also going to use the 1680cc's from Bosch :) Although on regular V-Power. Great to know that NIStune can handle this!

Would be nice to share experiences later on!

Might i ask what car you've put NIStune in?
John

Re: gsdfasdfdghasfgkfaskd

Post by John »

brother_david wrote:More swedes around here :D

Have been using NIStune for a while now on a ECR33, with great results making about 350hp, now i've accidently ordered something that will allow for much greater hp's and is actually also going to use the 1680cc's from Bosch :) Although on regular V-Power. Great to know that NIStune can handle this!

Would be nice to share experiences later on!

Might i ask what car you've put NIStune in?
Hallå där!

My car is a 1989 200sx s13 with the ca18det engine.

I can only say if you’re planning to run with these injectors you should get with the E85 plan I really recommend it the car runs so much more potent and it feels like you got a V8 under the hood. the extra timing really makes the car fly.

I had 360hp on the flywheel last year with V-power gasoline and 580cc injectors so if you’re not planning 700hp and more on gasoline 1680cc is a bit big, try the lucas disc injectors there about 1260cc or standard 1000cc

Are you a member of the NOGS (Nissan Owners Group Sweden)?

Hade bra och lycka till med mappningen!!
brother_david

Post by brother_david »

Tjenare!

360hp in a CA18DET must feel like a real kick in the nuts!

No im not a member of NOGS, maybe i should be :)
Check out www.garaget.org/brother_david

Well at a first step im gonna go just a tad above 700, say about 800, and above 1000 in the next step, so im probably going with the 1680's just to not have to buy new ones later on.

I've had alot of thoughts about going for E85, although the the price/fuel consumtion ratio is not all that great just now. Have had alot of time tuning a friend of mines 400-450hp GT-4 running on E85, with great results so i havent decided just yet!

Lycka till du med!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

we did a group order for NOGS not long ago so i suspect some members will start signing up here :P
John

Post by John »

Matt wrote:we did a group order for NOGS not long ago so i suspect some members will start signing up here :P
We bought about 40 Nistunes so yes expect an increase of swedes on the forum. 8)

Regards

John
PL

Post by PL »

Hi John,

Very interesting to hear that you've been able to run these big injectors. Good work!

I've done a few SR20 E85 tunes and I think it's a wonderful fuel. The government have now banned it here (Oz). I still don't know the full story as to why. Apparently they heard how much extra power we were getting! :)

Your point about lowering EGT interests me. I wasn't monitoring EGT. Just the usual lambda probe and knock-ears. I found it very strange to tune at first cos I couldn't find the knock threshold like I'm used to doing with "normal" petrol. It just won't knock! So I added timing until torque stopped increasing.

I've run up to 25 degrees timing in the midrange. On 98RON petrol most SR's will only handle 10 to 12 degrees at the same boost level!

So you're saying EGT's will decrease if I add more timing? Hmmm...

Pete L
John

Post by John »

PL wrote:Hi John,

Very interesting to hear that you've been able to run these big injectors. Good work!

I've done a few SR20 E85 tunes and I think it's a wonderful fuel. The government have now banned it here (Oz). I still don't know the full story as to why. Apparently they heard how much extra power we were getting! :)

Your point about lowering EGT interests me. I wasn't monitoring EGT. Just the usual lambda probe and knock-ears. I found it very strange to tune at first cos I couldn't find the knock threshold like I'm used to doing with "normal" petrol. It just won't knock! So I added timing until torque stopped increasing.

I've run up to 25 degrees timing in the midrange. On 98RON petrol most SR's will only handle 10 to 12 degrees at the same boost level!

So you're saying EGT's will decrease if I add more timing? Hmmm...

Pete L
Hi!

Yes since E85 burns much slower than normal petrol you have to advance the timing so the fuel is completely burned before the exhaust valves open otherwise the EGT will go up quit much, mine reached a staggering 1250 Celsius before. Also I notice the turbo pressure went down from 1.3 to normal 1 bar just because the fuel stopped burning up in my exhaust manifold.

Your right E85 wont knock, be careful not to get to crazy with the timing since you might produce a very high cylinder pressure and bend one or more rods :-)

Regards

John
Vetal

Re: Is there any limit to how big injectors Nistune can handle?

Post by Vetal »

some crazy injectors there :)) What's HP have you been able to extract from CA18?
PL

Post by PL »

I did another E85 tune last week. RB25 NEO with 3076 and 1000cc injectors. What's been said about EGT's is interesting. I noticed 2 things - firstly I did the fuel side of things first and left IGN alone. Then when I started adding IGN timing I actually lost a bit of boost. I know where it went now - I was getting less unburnt fuel out the exhaust that was helping spin the turbo! If I had EGT monitoring I guess I'd know that....

Other thing was that I'd heard that you can get them on boost quicker by reducing timing in the boost transition area with E85. I just had to try this! Started with the usual figures of 25 to 30 degrees. I removed 4 degrees at a time and did a run. Boost came on noticeably quicker on the graph. So I kept removing timing - now 8 degrees at a time. I got down to about 5 degrees when the engine refused to play my silly game any longer! But it was very interesting - boost came on earlier every time down to about 10 degrees. Trouble is the engine doesn't like running with such low timing figures, so even though we got boost to come on a lot earlier, the engine was making less power. So I increased timing to about 20 degrees which gave the best compromise of boost response and actual power. Still gotta optimise this further on the road.

PL
that guy

Post by that guy »

im running 2000cc bosch injectors on my ka. idles like stock. no idle air control valve.
that guy

Post by that guy »

2000cc inj bosch