Nistune 0.10.21 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

RomChip200

Re: Nistune 0.10.21 Release

Post by RomChip200 »

Please check again the file name generation:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2406&p=17614#p17612
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yep I can see the issue testing now with the timestamps not updating on the last record press. See how I can work the logic to improve this
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote:Yep I can see the issue testing now with the timestamps not updating on the last record press. See how I can work the logic to improve this
YOu should just do this: each time record button is pressed, you generate the file name with current date and time and you display it in the log recorder.
Doing it before will have some side effects (e.g. on re-connection) and doesn't really make sense.
Also having the old file name displayed till you press the record button allows to the user to know when he stopped logging last time ... :P
lynchfourtwenty

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

ok so i decided to update today ( i really hate updates cause theres always a new problem!) i was using 0.10.13r and hadn't have any issues lately, but i was getting annoyed at the thing saying my nistune was going to expire so i updated...

first thing i notice when i connect up is my car was running like shit, so im like wtf? i hit the gauge icon and my tach in nistune isn't working (the one on the dash was) so i disconnected, counted to 3 then connected, car ran normal an everything worked, i hope this isn't going to happen alot....

another thing that isn't really a problem but has me cruious, the wideband thing was saying i was at 19.6 afr on decel, while normally it says 21.. i didnt hook my AFR gauge back up yet to confirm this (i dont have the splitter so i can only use the gauge or the data cable, 1 at a time) its a zeitronix wideband btw.

my issue with the wideband thing is if the afr's off it could be a problem, i've never had issues before though..

other then those 2 issues im diggin the new theme..
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

lynchfourtwenty wrote:other then those 2 issues im diggin the new theme..
Run it with this Windows theme and it looks friggin' sweet:
http://www.hyperdesk.com/windows7_details.php?p=4
lynchfourtwenty

i just went out and hooked my wideband gauge back to the wideband controller and it goes right to 21.xx AFR on decel like it should, so gotta be a nistune issue..
lynchfourtwenty

i played around a bit more today, didnt have the rpm problem, however the widebands still reading 19.6 on decel while my gauge reads 21.00 wtf? thats 1.4 afr difference, i REALLY hope this isnt effecting my idle, cruise and wot afr's, other wise im paddling up creek and i could seriously damage my engine, in which cause we'd have some issues.
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Why does the 3D map dissappear whenever you increase the size of it Matt?
lynchfourtwenty

Brian is that you?
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Yep :)
lynchfourtwenty

:D
lynchfourtwenty

so i'm getting kind of concerned here, i use virtual dyno to compare my logs to see if what i'm doing is making any changes (usually is easily noticeable) well i've had the wideband hooked up to the lap top instead of the zeitronix afr tweaker gauge thing because i dont have the splitter yet so i cant run both at the same time, so since i've been using the laptop to tune my car i have the gauge unplugged so i cant compare the 2 at the same time to know if the readings are different, however on virtual dyno my afr graphs can be 1 whole leaner then previous runs before upgrading nistune, but im making the same amount of power? where as before i would lose power if i went that lean.

Brian i think this might be screwing with us man. im going to take some runs tomorrow with the ZT afr gauge, then with it hooked back to the laptop an see whats really going on..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

first thing i notice when i connect up is my car was running like shit, so im like wtf? i hit the gauge icon and my tach in nistune isn't working (the one on the dash was) so i disconnected, counted to 3 then connected, car ran normal an everything worked, i hope this isn't going to happen alot....
So the car was running fine... until you connected? It appears when first connecting there was an issue retrieving the consult table from the ECU which is why the table didnt display the RPM gauge. Let me know if it happens again. If the consult lines are noisy when reading bytes from the ECU that would cause the issue.

The software updates should not be affecting running the ECU unless something was uploaded bad to it whilst connected since all it does is pull the consult table and read the gauges until you make mapping changes
the wideband thing was saying i was at 19.6 afr on decel, while normally it says 21.. i didnt hook my AFR gauge back up yet to confirm this its a zeitronix wideband btw.
If you suspect a AFR reporting issue please hold at a constant position and note the AFR in the zeitronix software and then the compare against the Nistune display afterwards. I've verified each wideband using a simulator for input and then compared using the wideband software for each input. I can double check the zeitronix again tomorrow using the simulator vs their software.

If the problem is only display change on decel (wideband only input) you will need to check it happens with their software before pointing it at being a Nistune issue.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Why does the 3D map dissappear whenever you increase the size of it Matt?
Been trying to rescale it better when going between fuel, timing and VE map. I'm going to pull back to the previous scaling calcs
lynchfourtwenty

my gauge works fine, its only in nistune do i see the weird afr reading on decel, i'll do as you suggested and report back.