0.10.19 crashed

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

johnus

Re: 0.10.19 crashed

Post by johnus »

Ok Matt ,tried 0.10.14 this morning and it crashes on start up just the same as 0.10.19. I have attached the crash error report. Hope it helps
Attachments
nistune-error.txt
(25.63 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks for confirming. All good I think I've found whats going on. Was able to repeat this on Linux using WINE and added crash reporting to the software to identify there the problem is (as well as any other crashes which occur in the field)

From 0.10.14 the menu creation is now performed using code when the application starts (for foreign language display) compared to previously I just used a wizard and drew them by hand

Most systems work fine with deleting the default menu items and then creating each again. However they fail to create in certain situations (ie in Linux and probably other VMWare programs)

I think its a windows implementation bug since it works on most machines but not all. Crash was caused by not checking the menus were successful before using them. When fixing the crash, the top level items are displayed but submenu creation fails so there are no submenus

I've spent most of the day looking on how to do this and repeating on the Linux system. I've found a way to destroy the previous menus and create from scratch successfully on linux this time. I've got a few more things to fix up whilst in Linux before I put this build up
johnus

Post by johnus »

Sounds like you're on top of things there, I tried 0.10.20 out of curiosity, it loaded fine ,adjusted some fuel map settings ,but when i came burn to ecu it froze had to go into task manager to end it. Other than that the new look nistune looks really nice :)
Fast Guy

Post by Fast Guy »

johnus wrote:I tried 0.10.20 out of curiosity, it loaded fine ,adjusted some fuel map settings ,but when i came burn to ecu it froze had to go into task manager to end it.

It did exactly the same to me a couple of days ago. How long should it take to burn to the ecu?
johnus

Post by johnus »

It should burn almost instantly ,its a very small file ,nistune 0.10.13R is the last version that worked for me and is still available in downloads section ,i'm back on that version now and it has 26 days left to run
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There will be another release up this week

With burn freezing, this has been highlighted previously. Roll back to 0.10.19 from 0.10.20 or wait a few days for the next release with a bunch of fixes in it